Ileanag53, Home Owner in Sterling, VA

I've been following three for sale properties in my CountrySide neighborhood. I'm planning to put my house on the market early next spring.

Asked by Ileanag53, Sterling, VA Tue Jun 26, 2012

There seems to be very little movement on these properties. Two of them appear to be overpriced. The third one has been on and off the market lately. Is price the issue or are other factors involved?

Answers

6
My home and office are both located in the Countryside neighborhood and I have lived here for 20 years. The area has always been more favored by buyers and more so in todays market. The answers you are getting by other agents are all dead on.
I am sure that the three properties you are monitoring are similar or close to yours. If these properties are on the market over 20 to 30 days they must be over priced. I am assuming that your property falls in between the price range of $300k to $500k. Properties with values below $300k in this area that are well priced usually go under contract in one or two weeks. If you property is valued over $500k it can take beyond a month even if well priced.
There are currently 126 homes available in Sterling as a whole but just 12 available in the Countryside subdivision priced between the mid 200’s to low 500’s and of the twelve most were listed in the past month or so, however one of the twelve was listed since mid February and had three price changes with a total price change of over $20k and still not sold. Being well price is extremely important for new listing.
Let me know if I can assist you any further.
Ileanag53 - wish I knew which three properties you're talking about. There are 6 single family homes on the market and 5 townhomes. Call me - I'll try to fill you in... 703-669-3142.
I visit homes in Countryside all the time, recently, I just showed the townhomes, and I went to Visit ALL the listed single family homes in Countryside a couple of weeks ago, as I am putting a new listing on the market in August/ September.

I can honestly tell you that the ones that are not selling were either over priced, or had some issues with the home or the location.

Countryside is still a very sought after neighborhood.

Just get the home to show very well, and price it fairly.

Good Luck
The market is doing very well in Countryside. I had a listing on Bickel Court and it went under contract within days.
You know it is always hard to tell..... sometimes it is the condition of the home, the location, the lot size, the upgrades or lack thereof, and sometimes just simply there are not enough buyers in that market area.....
So hard to tell, even for an experienced Realtor But if and when you are ready to list your home in the Spring, you want to make sure you do work with an experienced local Realtor who can put all the
data in front of you so that you can make an educated decision. You may not like all that the honest and
straightforward Realtor may tell you, but please look at the numbers, decide on your initial asking price, incorporate some negotiations and see what you net to seller will be after taxes, closing costs commissions etc. If you need any recommendations for your area in VA, let me know and I gladly recommend to you some really good Professionals.

Take care, be well and good luck
Edith YourREaltor4lIFE AND Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients

Meet Edith Here....... http://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
Check it out for getting to know ME, my services, expertise, experience etc. etc.
Which three properties are you referring to?