Kaylee, Other/Just Looking in Texas

I sold my condo in Telluride, Colorado about 8 years ago. Only owned it 18 months and made a brilliant

Asked by Kaylee, Texas Thu May 8, 2008

profit! ( I almost don't want to know how much my condo might be worth now!) Just curious what the real estate market is like now in one of the most stunningly beautiful places on earth?!

Answers

4
Margo is right, take a look at Delta County and Montrose county as one of those hub cities that people use/buy in that are more affordable at the moment.
If I were you I would look back and smile about the profit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 8, 2008
You're right, you don't want to know! But real estate is not much different than the stock market, if you made a good profit then don't look back. Telluride has been hot for the past 5 years, Aspen is out of sight. Therefore, Telluride along with Steamboat Springs, Vail-Beaver Creek and so on keep going up. More and more people will be flying in for summer and ski vacations in the future, so locations that have an airport will continue to boom.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 8, 2008
Sounds like you did great.
I have been a real estate broker in Telluride for 12 years and our market has been very active since fall of 09'. Values have come down some since economic downturn and there are some tremendous deals to be had. Although many sellers are holding firm to their pricing, the condo market has a lot of inventory and there are some extremely motivated sellers. The cost of the condo you sold 8 years ago is definitley more expensive even with the economies diffiulties. That being said, some of the deals happening in our market are not far off what you might have sold for. my email is ....saunders@tellurideproperties.com

I have some great market updates I can send you. Also, if you let me know price point and bedrooms I can send some of the better deals in our market.