Market Conditions in 94591>Question Details

Mike, Both Buyer and Seller in California

I purchased a second home to rent out to my daughter a year ago and I live in my primary house which is

Asked by Mike, California Wed Mar 4, 2009

underwater for about 30,000, but I could never sell it to break even, the market is so bad here in California. I lost my job 3 months ago and I am running out of funds to keep paying on my primary I don't know what to do. I have not found a job. Help.

Answers

2
Catherine is right:
You need good help.
Please call Mike Rowland at Windermere Rowland Realty, 400 Appian Way, El Sobrante.
510-222-9150 or e-mail at mikerowland@windermere.com
Mike is all aces; integrity and professional. You will like him.
Hi Mike,

I know the area of Vallejo has been hit hard. I work in the San Diego Area and we have seen a large drop in home prices as well. I would recommend you speak with a lender to see if you can modify your loan. If that is something that they will not do for you, than you might want to consider short selling the home. This helps with the stress of trying to make the payment, and has a less credit impact then a foreclosure. I would find a realtor in the area that is experienced in short sales.

I hope that helps....Good Luck

Catherine Barden