Cam, Home Buyer in Alta Loma, CA

I purchased a home in Alta Loma last year,Sept 2008 , I requested my property taxes reviewed due to the drop in home prices.

Asked by Cam, Alta Loma, CA Tue Oct 27, 2009

The county said I had to get another appraisal, why so soon? This doesn't seen fair or right. Is there any thing I can do?

Answers

3
Hi Cam,

No, you are right it doesn't seem fair, but if you think about it, unfortunately it actually makes good, solid business sense. You couldn't use an appraisal from a year ago in ANY market to demonstrate an accurate value for a year later. And, if you think about it you really wouldn't want to.

An appraisal is really a kind of snapshot of a moment in the market, and if you really want to get down to brass tacks (as the saying goes :-) it is only accurate for the day and time that it was done because, believe it or not, things could change from day to day - especially right now :-)

I agree with the suggestions that you have a good local area Realtor do a CMA (which stands for Comparative Market Analysis) for you to get an idea of where the value may have gone.

If you see a loss of value which would justify a reduction in your taxes which would be greater than the cost of appraisal (or limited reappraisal which you might be able to get done at a reduced rate) then going to that expense would make sense, but if it doesn't appear to then it wouldn't.

As others have, I will also offer my services to you for the CMA (which doesn't cost you anything by the way :-). My office is in Upland and I am very familiar with Rancho Cucamonga values. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you again for stopping by. Take care and have a great day!

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, DRE#01784679, IVPG Realty (909) 837-8922
Web Reference: http://Route66living.com
I am familiar with Alta Loma, I could give you a value range for your home, however when working with the county to get your property reassessed, you should come in with strong evidence & having a full appraisal done would be a good idea.

If you're trying to get your property taxes lowered, it's best to have an appraisal report where they're reviewing comparable sales from the past 90 days as values have still decreased in that area. They haven't decreased as much as Rancho Cucamonga, but they have decreased still & your appraisal report that you got last Sept, won't cut the mustard.

If you'd like to know a value range before ordering a $350 appraisal, just let me know. I'd be happy to give you information you'd need & you could print out the results I find, to present to the county.

emilyknell1@yahoo.com
Hello Cam,
You can contact your local Realtor and asked him/her to do a market analysis value for your property. Then if it is right give it to the Township for review. Should they not take that in consideration call around. They may be a reasonable appraiser that can work with you. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.inesdelacruz.com