Matt Wester, Home Seller in South Orleans, MA

I paid $280,000 for my house in 2001. It is 1.49 acres with a 3 bed 2.5 bath home and a 1900 sq ft barn with

Asked by Matt Wester, South Orleans, MA Wed Feb 25, 2009

its own elec and water and a heated office.. On a corner lot, it has a fish pond, blueberry patch and apple trees. It is located in s. orleans, Cape cod. How can I get a free ballpark of it's market value and in these times how much should I look to make? We are considering a quality of life move to another part of the country with a much lower cost of living.

Answers

5
Hi Matt,

I look up your property and it looks like a great location. Though you can get a price online (Zillow.com and CyberHomes.com) the best scenario the get a free price evaluation from an agent. Based on a quick review of your records it looks like you will be lower than assessed value. An experienced agent is the best to determine a homes market value; they will take their local knowledge, our homes criteria, and the condition of your home into account.

It is not a bad idea to have an appraisal completed from a local licensed appraiser on the cape. They do charge for their service but it can give you a conclusive value of your home.

My team does not actively list property on the Cape. Since many of our client’s own homes on the cape we have developed partnerships with agents in your area. I would be happy to refer and experienced agent if needed.

Best of luck.
ZIllow does not take into consideration: condition, location (busy road, road noise etc)...nor does it tend to have the most recent sales...but sounds like someone else might know where you live!
Hi Matt,
You can go to http://www.zillow.com. Type in your address and get a Z-estimate. It may not be accurate--it's based on public records of sales in your area--but it's a start. Just for fun, I'm going to guess $316K. I am not a realtor, let me know if I was close. Good Luck
WOW !- what a terrific property! At such a great price in 2001. Have you done improvements since then?
Renovations? Alterations? New Septic? Roof? etc.
And then there ARE current market conditions that fit into the whole equation.
LOTS to think about - possibilities to consider! Can'tanswer without seeing it.

Peggy Gabour
I can give you a comparative market analysis of your property. Please contact me at 774-313-9251.