Market Conditions in 60804>Question Details

Anet, Home Owner in 60804

I need to know the value of my property

Asked by Anet, 60804 Thu Jun 23, 2011

Answers

21
Michael Hobbs nailed it (answered below). Any good realtor can get you a CMA, unless there is more to the story.
I would need more information on the property in order to provide a CMA. I am Debbie Bergthold-Smith Associate Broker at Classic Real Estate 708-267-5552
Dear Anet, I would like to email you CMA. Please contact me @ 773 551 6554 or tatiana@conloonrealestate.com
Best regards. Tatiana Perry
Ask a Local Realtor to give you a CMA it will be the best up to date estimate there is without paying a few hundred to find out! You may also go to realtor.com and use their calculator.
A CMA from a realor is the best choice. Realtors sell homes and usually know the current market the best. Realtors are farmiliar with the local market, location and characteristics of the area. Realtors know what to look for to determine the value. If you choose an appraiser, I would definately recommend a local appraiser who is farmiliar with the area.
With more information, a CMA could be prepared for you. Depending on the details, a CMA should work for you. Or perhaps you need a certified appraisal.
If you are not currently working with a Realtor, please feel free to email me, I'd love to help you by preparing a CMA for you.
Thank you!
Hello there, Anet.

In case you have not already been bombarded sufficiently with the basic answer to your question, what you are looking for is a "CMA" (realtor lingo for "Comparative Market Analysis") report for your home. In this report, you will see sales / sales prices for homes that have sold in your area (the "same" area where your home sits) in the last 6 months. This should give you a good idea of what your home is worth in the current market.

If you do not have a real estate agent working with you yet to assist you, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 312.242.1000 - we have a number of agents who specialize in your area and who will be happy to get you this information for you asap.

Best of luck to you and thank you for posting your question!
Web Reference: http://www.dreamtown.com
Let me know your address and a brief description of your property. I'll e-mail you a Comparative Market Analysis.

Mike Peterson
Exit Strategy Realty
773-988-9136
MikePetersonTheRealtor@yahoo.com
Good Evening Anet,
I am sure there are a number of talented Realtors who can assist you with getting an indication of what the potential value of your property. Keep a couple things in mind, depending on what type of property you have, Single Family, Condo (although there are not many condos in Cicero), 2-4 Flat, or even mixed-use, you would want to connect with a Realtor who has knowledge of that type of asset. You also want to make sure that they know Cicero as there are differences in the varying neighborhoods which make up Cicero...not all of Cicero is priced the same!

Additionally, if you are looking to get a ballpark of the value of the property, a CMA (comparative market analysis) generated by a Realtor is a beneficial way to proceed.

If by chance you need the value of your property for the IRS, possibly due the loss of a loved one or even divorce, then a CMA will not suffice and you will need a certified appraisal.

One other thing to consider, you may ultimately find that it is in your best interest to get a certified appraisal first before speaking with a Realtor because an appraiser is compensated on a flat fee basis. Additionally, an appraiser can inform you of what buyers are actually paying right now and what a potential buyer would pay in this market based on current lender indicated guidelines....which can be quite different from marketing information that you may receive from a CMA.
Also, a Realtor is compensated on a percentage commission and therefore inherently experience a bias to gain your business for the benefit of achieving a 5 or 6 or even 7% listing fee. And there's nothing wrong with getting paid to sell a property, especially in this market, but be aware of one's motiviations.

In summary, a CMA should suffice unless there's more to the story.

Michael

Michael Hobbs
President
PahRoo Appraisal & Consultancy
773.388.0003
Web Reference: http://www.pahroo.com
Send me the particulars on your home and I will forward a CMA based on your homes features and market condition.

Sandro Gonzalez, ABR
KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY
Sandro.property.agent@gmail.com
No shortage of agents are willing to help you out. Get a CMA from a qualified agent. Once you get a few, interview two or three agents, and go with the one you mesh best with.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com
I am a broker in the area and I can provide a CMA for you. Debbie Bergthold-Smith Classic Real Estate 708-267-5552
If looking to sell, consider inviting a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis, review the data, ask for opinions and make a determination of value; or consider hiring a professional appraiser...
I will sell it for the most money the market will bear and I will help you get the bank to accept whatever difference exists / delinquency amount or you just can keep the profit.. contact me at the web site below.. you win regardless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Web Reference: http://www.joeschiller.net
Dear Anet, I would like to email you CMA. Please contact me at 773 5516554 or tatiana@conlonrealestate.com
Best regards. Tatiana Perry
Hi Anet, you need to know the value of you property for what reason? It depends upon if you need a professional appraisal vs an comparative market analysis by a Realtor. The two are totally different especially you need it let's say for a divorce case, estate purposes, etc. for the court system and not for resale.

What you need to do is have a list of items showing the changes that have been made to the house in the last ten years, if you have owned it that long. This will help the Appraiser or the Realtor in their valuation.

I strongly suggest that you make sure the home has curb appeal (which adds marketability as well as value) and declutter on the inside of the home prior to either the appraiser or the Realtor coming.

I hope this helps you as the two are totally different depending upon the type of request you need it for.

Barb Van Stensel
Third Generation in Real Estate
Former Appraiser
Keller Williams Lincoln Square
2156 W. Montrose
Chicago, IL 60618
773.746.5395
Hi Anet,

Contact a Realtor in your area and ask them to do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on your property using Sold comps within a 1 mile radius of your property (the closer, the better) that have sold within the last 3 months. They should be willing to do this with no charge and/or obligation - of course, they're hoping if you decide to sell your property, you will use them as your Listing Agent.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Hello Anet,

I can prepare a comparative market analysis that will help you to determine fair market value. It's at no charge to you, simply call or email me with your specifications. Preferably call me so that I may guide you with what I will need in order to give you a more accurate analysis.

Talk to you soon.
I think that is Cicero so just contact a few agents and they can do a market analysis to give you an idea as to what it might be worth.
Good afternoon Abet,

My name is Raven, if you would like a comparative market analyisis of your proprerty please let me know. If you need a formal appraisal of your property please let me know I can refer you.

Raven Guzik
312.961.9685
Depending if you need a formal or informal appraisal, most brokers offer a free market analysis or if for formal or court reasons you may have to hire an appraiser.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com