Edisonn, Other/Just Looking in 20850

I need to get some feedback abou the Forum condominium in Rockville.

Asked by Edisonn, 20850 Wed Sep 26, 2007

I own a jr. 1 bedroom and would like to know what might the future of this property. Factors are the age of the building, location, comprables. Should I keep it? Sell it? What's the future of rent for this class of property?

Answers

6
wow... if you're still around, would you like to give us an update as to what you ended up doing? Did you end up selling, renting out, or staying in the Forum?
The answer to your question depends on many other factors such as what are your long term investment plans? What did you buy it for? When did yo buy it? Your current financial situation just to name a few. The Forum is a great place in a great location however the building is old and not getting any younger. Rents will be in a decline for the next 2 years before we see some price stability after which they should start going back up again in my opinion. For a more details response and accurate to your particular need don't hesitate to email me Kacem Benali, Rockville REALTOR®.
Web Reference: http://dmvproperties.com/
I think the Forum is a great condominium located next to shopping,bus line,metro etc.
With the renovations that have been done it makes the condominium more appealing for sale. If you renovate or update your condo-new appliances, fresh paint etc in the near future it will certainly make it more appealing for sale . . Renting or Selling should not be too difficult as long as it is priced right for sale as to comparables.. Many people love the convenience of shopping and bus line nearby being in a great location.Call me for comparative market analysis.
Edisonn - I am very familiar with The Forum, as I currently have condo #208 for sale. My listing is the Large 1 Bedroom. I think The Forum is a great building. Most people have never ventured inside The Forum to see that they have done a wonderful job in renovating the lobby, party room, fitness center, and hallways. When you consider the very inexpensive condo fees (it includes most of the utilities), I think the building is a bargain. It's dwarfed by all of the newer high rises all around, but if you don't need the cash - I would hold onto the property! It might take 12-18 months more for the rental market to absorb all of the new inventory that has arrived to the marketplace, due to the fact that the owners all around cannot sell their much more expensive condos. After that you will see rental prices start to rise! 1 question for you - Have you renvoated your condo? Kitchen, Bath, and Windows? If not, do so! It will only help you for the future!

Gary J. Rudden, Broker/Owner
Congressional Residential Realty
(240) 403-0399
The location of the The Forum condos is wonderful. It is an affordable condo if you want to live in Rockville. It will probably always be an easy condo to rent - rents go for about $1400. a month. In the last 6 months all the one bedrooms have sold in less than 60 days. There are currently 2 one bedrooms on the market and one for rent. Please feel free to call 240-997-8654 or e-mail me AnnMarieClements@gmail.com if you have any further questions.
Ann Marie Clements
Re/Max Realty Group
301-921-2657
Hi AnnMarie,
I would like to rent a 1B1B cando in The Forum. I am a single retired teacher with super credit score. Please call me at 3475672070. I have just come from NY and am staying with a friend. I live in Silver Sp. and Rockville for 47 years.
Kb
Flag Tue Apr 28, 2015
There are many factors to consider to detemine what's best to do with your condo. How long have you owned it? How much equity do you have? What are your plans for the future? iIwould be happy to do an comparable anaylsis for you.
e-mail me at cindymaves@northropteam.com
Web Reference: http://www.northropteam.com