Market Conditions in 33922>Question Details

Lynne, Home Seller in Bokeelia, FL

I'm thinking of selling my 1700 square foot pool home in Bokeelia? Is it a good time to move a home on the?

Asked by Lynne, Bokeelia, FL Tue Jan 1, 2008

I'm thinking of selling my 1700 square foot pool home in Bokeelia? Is it a good time to move a home on the market?

Answers

6
Hi Lynne,

I know your area, done a lot of scuba diving all over there and the keys and have family near you. As for your question.., its never a bad time to sell or put a home on the market if you can get what you want out of your home. As silly as that answer may seem.... its true. I have bought 4 homes in 2007 but sold none. Its certainly a buyers market still and may be so for a couple more years. No one knows. - However, that being said I sold 16 homes in just the past few months and every one of them got what they had to have, not what they all wanted.

You have options, depending on a lot of factors, such as:
1. do you HAVE to sell and move?
2. can you afford to hold out a couple years or more?
3. will you get what you need, if you sell now?
4. can you maybe just rent your home out until the market changes and then sell it?

I love your area and wonder if tourism has dropped off? My mother was born/raised just North of you.
-Don
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 1, 2008
Bokeelia is on Pine Island, near Cape Coral/Port Charlotte, Florida and I wish I was there!!!
You know Lynne, even in hard hit areas, some towns and types of properties in those hard hit areas have held their prices better than others. You might want to have a Pine island Realtor do a year over year price trend analysis for you, and look at recent months, too. They can give you an opinion as to where prices in Bokeelia seem to be currently headed.
I hope to be buying in your area but need to sell my own home first. Don Leske, who was first to answer you, has been helpful in answering some of my questions. If you need a referral to a local realtor, Don can help you with that. Best of luck to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 1, 2008
Hi Lynne- I sell property on Pine Island . There is a consistent good demand from island pool home properties. If you would like more information about this, go to http://www.gulfaccessrealty.com an you can look up what is happening in the area. My office is in Matlacha before you go over the bridge,. YOu can stop in any time.Have a nice day! Susan
I realize that this is an old post but, Lynne, did you sell your bokeelia House? Looking for a home or property in either bokeelia or st james city. Currently have a home in MI (Brr) and a home in Cape Coral just before you go into Matlache we will sell.
Thanks Lorie
Thanks for the info Ginger, and I agree, wish I were there as well! I am dealing with a pet who is dying, otherwiseh I would have googled it prior to answering .... No sleep for days, and praying that she makes it but not looking good ;(

Lynne, now that I know where Bokeelia IS, I would encourage you to heed the advice from Ginger and Don...... I'd move there myself right this very minute if I could. It is a wonderful place, and lots of water which I love, so proceed with your thoughts of selling and moving. Not sure where you would move, but if locally, I'm sure that Don could help you with that as well, or if not local, refer you to a great agent wherever you are moving to. You are moving down the right path!

Happy New year to all, and God Bless
Paula Bean
I have no idea where Bokeelia IS, but I completely agree with Don's execllent post. Think about what you need and/or want and the answer will come. If Don is familiar with your area, I'd highly suggest you talk to him since he seems to be a true and sincere person trying to help you make the right decision.

Best regards!
Paula Bean