Market Conditions in 14502>Question Details

eaiono, Both Buyer and Seller in Macedon, NY

I'm thinking of buying a house in Macedon, NY (they are asking for $240000, I'm concern about the location, and the resale value...Thoughts?

Asked by eaiono, Macedon, NY Sun Aug 11, 2013

Answers

4
So much is unknown related to the property and future reale.
Clearly if the Macedon home is located near or adjacent to the canal, that would be a real value retainer. Closer access to Rochester and the Xerox center in Webster, all add value to the area. Easy drive to cross-country sking and orchards and of course the "Cool Whip' factory and Motts.
-
No one can suggest if $240,000 is reasonable without an address or some real attributes.
Three area experts have responded to your question. You should pick up the phone and call one of them.
-
There may be MUCH more you need to know but don't know to ask.
Macedon has some of the highest tax rates in the area. I have been selling homes in the Macedon area for 30 years and have always had trouble selling homes due to the high taxes. Higher taxes mean a lower level of qualification for principle and interest for the loan. If you are open to other areas near buy Farmington,Victor and Canandaigua have tax rates that are $10-$15/thousand assessed value less and have great schools(Canandaigua or Victor). I have been selling in these areas as well and have seen larger increases in value in these areas.
Skip Ordxway
Ordway Realtors
skip@skipordway.com 585-200-2553
When purchasing a home in any area resale value always should come up in conversation with you, your real estate agent and accountant provided you have one. What concerns you about the location, is it on a busy road, it's it at the top of the market for the area? Have comps for the area been run? We don't experience the highs or lows that some of the big cities do around the country. With that said if you are planning purchasing at the top of the market for that area and planning on turning on selling in a few years it could be risky. However, I could better assist you if I knew what home you were referring to, as I also live and sell homes in the Palmyra & Macedon area.
I hope this helps! Please feel free to reach me on my cell phone when you get an opportunity.

Gwen Marie Smith
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Hunt Real Estate ERA
585-732-2777
gwen.smith@huntrealestate.com
For all your real estate needs http://www.GoToGwen.com
There are many factora that determine price and resale value. i am also a wayne county resident in Walworth. Look at thw neihhborhood, condition of houses around it. Check out the school district, are there any factors in the area regarding zoning of improvements etc. Overall a local agent who live and works in the area can assist you with the data and research. I woud be glad to assist you with market data and answering any questiin regarding buy and selling in the Macedon area.
You can reach me directly today with further question at 585-236-7780.