Cinda, Home Seller in Utah

I'm looking to list my vacation condo, but don't want someone to just

Asked by Cinda, Utah Thu Jan 17, 2008

are there any buyers out there?

Answers

9
Brad Sabako’s answer
2013 answer and update to the "Buyers out there" question!

Yes, as many have indicated there are buyers out there if you have priced your property correctly. We have seen about an 18% incease in sales over the past 12 months. When you couple that with life time low interest rates, getting the buy of a lifetime in Park City has become reality for many, many buyers. The first 4-6 weeks are so critical to getting your house sold, as Buyers might be waiting for a property just like yours to come on the market, and quickly rush out to view all new inventory. If you over-price the property; buyers and Realtors quickly leave your property off their radar when showing property.

I expect a continued opportunity to list property and sell quickly during 2013. I expect interest rates to rise slightly, which should incent even more buyers to pull the trigger. The window of opportunity for sellers is just starting, and the window of opportunity for buyers to get the BEST prices, is slowly closing...but still good!
Brad Sabako
Realtor Park City Area
435 513-0535
Web Reference: http://www.bsabako.com
Real estate professionals out on the front lines will tell you that, yes, there are buyers right now, but no, not everything is selling. What a seller has to do in this market is put themselves ahead of the crowd.
The days are gone when you can merely put your house out there 'just to see what happens'. If you are serious about selling, than I recommend you go all out, with attractive online advertising.
So yes, there are buyers, but sellers need to work a little bit harder to attract them.
I hope this helps.
Cindy,

Yes, there are "buyer's out there" but they are looking for a deal and a killer deal at that. Unless you are willling to list your property for the "right" price, don't waste your time. Today's market is so very different from what we have been used to in Park City. Gone are the days to "trying" the market. If you don't price your property within 96% of the right price, you not only won't get any offers but you will watch the market decline at approximately 2% a month. Look for a realtor who will agressive price and market your property.

Marcie Davis
Branch Broker
SUMMIT SOTHEBY'S INTERNATIONAL REALTY

marcie.davis@sothebysrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
Cinda,
Yes there are buyers out there, as a buyer's agent I try to educate my clients on the best "deal" for them. The best deal is not always the lowest price. I would advise you to use a Park City realtor. We know are local market and can give you the best advise.
Web Reference: http://hollysutton.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 24, 2008
I am an International Property Specialist. I do have Buyers for many different areas.
May I know where your condo is?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 31, 2008
You should interview a few of the top sales agents in the area. Ask each of them the same question about the market. Compare the answers.
Well thier are alot of buyers out there right now in Utah! The big question is whether the price of your home will be a big value to a buyer. Most buyers today are just looking to get a better deal and with thousands of sellers still thinking thier homes are worth a billion dollars. You just have to price the home realistically in todays values and not last springs. Thanks James
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 31, 2008
Cinda, I also own vacation rentals in the Park City area, and now that the season is getting heated up for spring ,buyers are waiting for the ski season to wind down, to view the market for some of the best income nightly rentals that we have had in years! Park City still has some of the best priced condos for a second home or nightly rental in any ski resort in the West .
Dave Hinman Windermere Real Estate Park City
Cinda,

Yes, there are buyers out there. Many real estate professionals have noticed a marked increase in activity with buyers since the first of the year. That said, sellers are doing what is necessary to attract the buyers to make offers.

The first part of your post is truncated. I'm guessing the rest of the sentence would be, "...to just list it." A wide spectrum marketing strategy will accomplish more than "just listing". It will include an online component, a print component, an planned activity component, and a networking component. Much will depend on the condo, and your expectations, and the timing desired.

The best move you can make? Ask your friends, family, & the condo association to recommendation several realtors. You may find the same name keeps popping up. Interview 2 or 3. Ask them to be very specific about their propsed marketing. Go to the websites your condo will be part of. See how easy the search is. Is there a way for the agent to follow up inquiries. Keep asking questions. Understand what each of them has to offer.

Another thought: Depending on the location of your condo, is there a way to take advantage of the increased activity in Park City over the next several days, with the SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL in town? Just a thought.

Cheryl Lyon
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage