Market Conditions in Houston>Question Details

Lou Wiggins, Real Estate Pro in Spring, TX

I'm looking for a resource to calculate the number of rentals in a neighborhood. Any suggestions?

Asked by Lou Wiggins, Spring, TX Thu Apr 4, 2013

I have found information by zip code, but is there any resource to find out by neighborhood or community

Answers

5
Edith Karoline Jasser’s answer
why not place this kind of a question/discussion in the blog section of Trulia to discuss with other professionals?
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Might ask local chamber of commerce or city economic development official.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Lou ...

Do you have access to har.com as an agent? If so, you can set up all kinds of parameters for available and "sold" (i.e. leased) properties. Of course, landlords who advertise by themselves (Craigslist is full of them) wouldn't be included ... you'd have to do a bit of visual legwork there. So the answer would be yes ... and no. Based on what I've seen over the years, about 20% of landlords go it alone. If you do come across something else, please post it here ... I'd like to know about it.

Best ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Usually, a Title Company can do a "farm" which shows the Owner/Occupants in that area.
Talk to your favorite Title Company.
Unfortunately in Texas Title Company's are not so ready to do such work for the agents.
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013
Good question. I'm not sure you can get a totally accurate number because homes that people rent out themselves would not really ever show up anywhere that I can think of. Any source will not not be able to give you a totally accurate number I would think.

You can set up a specific search in the MLS for past lease sales in a specific neighborhood or community pretty easily and that will give you an idea of what you are looking for I would think. I would think you could add say 15 to 20% to those numbers to account for people who listed their homes themselves and did not use an agent or the MLS.

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com