Market Conditions in Indio>Question Details

Daniel, Home Buyer in 94114

I'm looking at buying a rental property in Indio. How does the rental market hold up yr round?

Asked by Daniel, 94114 Sat May 5, 2007

Answers

6
The rental market in general is very strong in Indio and the Coachella Valley rents have gone up 5.8% in the last year. This first quarter they have gone up another 2%.
Web Reference: http://www.investdesert.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 22, 2008
Daniel,
With single family homes at some of the best prices ever for new homes and resales in the Coachella Valley, due to the unfortunate mortgage problem, its a good time to jump into the market. Indio has a good number of new homes both on the north side of the I-10 and the south side. If you're interested in more information like average price per square foot to lease out a house give me a call or send me a e-mail. Judy Genton
judy@judygenton.com
760-485-4980
Web Reference: http://www.judygenton.com
I have a Triplex on 2nd street in Coachella ,it has a big yard ,just renovated .
The address is 1423 2nd street .Each unit is one bedroom @ 500 sq.feet.
The rental income is $2000/month .If you are interested call me at 949-467-1410 .
Arsalan
Daniel,

I have an associate that handles a lot of rentals in Indio and he says it's the hottest market he's seen in a long time. Probably has something to do with the fact that a lot of people have lost their homes and now they need to rent. On the seasonal side, it's always good if you are in Indian Palms for example as they have a golf course and people return there year after year. You can pick up a place for rock bottom prices right now and depending on how much you put down, have positive cash flow.

Sheri Dettman
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2008
The market for rentals in Indio is good. Have your realtor check out the neighborhood for you. There is a great variety of properties from brand new neighborhoods to some of the oldest in the valley. Some great golf course homes available too if that is your interest. Indio is known as the City of Festivals.
Indio Rental market is a little less seasonal than the West end of the valley. The West end often has a vacation market which dries up a bit after the coller monts.
A lot of families live on the east end.