Tillfordburr…, Other/Just Looking in Columbia Station, OH

I'm interested in a career in real estate and would like to know all of the specific jobs that one could do besides an agent. Thank you for your

Asked by Tillfordburrows, Columbia Station, OH Thu Sep 9, 2010

time I am interested in becoming an agent, and I understand that current market conditions are dismal. However, I do understand the cyclical nature of the market and that people are going to still move and need the assistance of realtors no matter what the state of the economy. I currently am a professional mommy of 3 little ones and am eager to ease my way back into the workforce. So part time would work well for me, and an income isn't really a factor, which is a plus for new realtors just starting out, as I've heard = ) I've always been interested in the buying and selling of homes and property and have had extensive experience doing both. Any advice on becoming involved in the real estate business would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

4
Linda Lorenzo - (214) 578-3131’s answer
If you have a passion for real estate then anytime is a good time to get in. Some offices don't want part timers so be sure to ask that question. Working for an agent is a great way to get started. Perhaps you have a skill that they could use - i.e. blogging, tweeting, marketing, etc. Many agents know they should be using social media but don't have the know how or time to do so. Hope you take the plunge, good luck.
Real Estate is a great business but very demanding. If you want to do it part time you may want to team up with an agent in your area. another option would to become a personal licensed for a top producing agent.

I would be happy to discuss with you

Barbara Kachenko
RE/MAX HAVEN
Since you already stated that you have "extensive experience" buying/selling properties, another alternative--that you optionally could pursue concurrently with becoming an agent--is to become an investor.

Many people, who don't know how to buy/sell properties the right way, rant on and on about how this market is sooooo terrible. I disagree. This market is filled with lots of opportunities for those in the know.
IMHO, now is the best time to get in to real estate! I'm happy to offer my 2 cents... give me a call at 440-973-6299!

Art Hotes ~ RE/MAX Crossroads