Mary Furman, Real Estate Pro in Walnut Creek, CA

I'm from CA, vacationing in Sun Valley and I've fallen in love! What is your advice regarding current & future RE market area for a?

Asked by Mary Furman, Walnut Creek, CA Wed Jan 26, 2011

home (not condo)

Answers

4
Mary,

We have the best deal in the area for you!

Thank You,
Daryl Rhead|Rhead Realty
2087940757
Dear Mary,

2010 was a cautious but encouraging year in Blaine County real estate, for both buyers and sellers.

The number of closed transactions increased 22 percent, the overall dollar volume climbed 40 percent and the median sales price per transaction was 7.7 percent higher than in 2009.

Leading the sales rebound in the Wood River Valley were single family homes in the north valley. The number of resort area home sales doubled this past year, from 31 in 2009 to 62 in 2010.

Activity in the condominium/townhouse segment of our resort marketplace was also encouraging. According to
the Sawtooth Board of Realtor database, 107 resort area condos sold in the past year, compared to 85 units that sold during 2009. That's a 26 percent increase and the highest number of condo units sold since 2007.

I see this trend continuing in 2011, with buyers who had postponed plans for a second home or vacation property during the economic turmoil, now taking advantage of attractive pricing, low interest rates and plentiful inventory.

This slow and steady rebound in our real estate market should continue in 2011 for three tangible reasons:

1) home prices and interest rates have become more affordable
2) the inventory of properties is plentiful
3) many sellers are now highly motivated

With those factors in mind, families and retiring baby boomers will continue to seek out healthy communities that offer amenities that we enjoy such as recreational opportunities, excellent schools and quality health care.

If your interested in viewing what's available online, please visit my website which has a very complete search engine that is connected in "Real Time" with our current MLS Listing Database.

Thanks for your inquire.

George Martin, Jr.
Associate Broker, GRI
Windermere Real Estate, Sun Valley - Hailey, Idaho
Hi Mary. I am glad you love it here as much as I do! This is a special place with fabulous people. Now, obviously, is the time to buy in Sun Valley. Contact me if you would like to visit about what options are available to you in our market. Enjoy while you are here! John

johnalanpartners@gmail.com
Hi Mary,
I've never posted to Trulia, so am giving this a shot. I'm an agent at Sotheby's and have lived here for 20 years. Moved here from Marin County. I'm happy to answer all your questions. It's a great time to buy, and as you can see, our available land is limited with all the public lands surrounding the area. Give me a call and we can meet for coffee and talk about the market.
best,
Suzanne Walsh
Sun Valley Sotheby's
suzanne.walsh@sunvalleysir.com