Liza, Real Estate Pro in Greenwich, CT

I'm doing a retrospective appraisal from 1961. Where can I find sales data ??

Asked by Liza, Greenwich, CT Tue Mar 23, 2010

Answers

4
Hank Miller - Broker/Appraiser’s answer
I've been appraising over 20 years and have done many "forensic" or retrospective appraisals....that said, after about 7 years research become tedious. We're fortunate to have two MLS services in Atlanta, both maintain solds for 5-10 years. I wouldn't hazard a guess how hard 49 year old data will be to collect, but I doubt it'll be easy. County records are likely the best source, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be on line or on fiche (remember that?).

Hank
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 23, 2010
You can also find public records at the courthouse that will have sales and transfer data from WAY back.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 23, 2010
Lisa,

It's doubtful that you will be able to find this dated information by doing an independent search through public records via the internet.

We would recommend seeking a long established local appraisal company(if one exists as far back as 1961) and petition them for the information you need.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 23, 2010
Three thumbs up answers...I'm curious, what are your reasons for doing this?

I'm fascinated.

Hank is the only appraiser I refer in the city, so if you need local help, he's good.

Does "title examination" provide enough data on an individual property this far back?

If you have that "subject" data, then are you trying to determine comparables from history?

Again, I'm just curious about the reasons.

While I'm thinking of it, I wonder if the gorilla in front of the Two Minute Car Wash in Piedmont Heights was around in 1961...hmmmm...
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com/