Market Conditions in 19148>Question Details

Brandi, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

I live in Pennsport, Philadelphia, 19148. We bought our home for 218K and we are considering re-doing our

Asked by Brandi, Philadelphia, PA Mon May 26, 2008

kitchen. I am wondering if 20k to remodel is too much given the current limbo this area is in b/c of the Casino project. We don't want to spend more than we will get back in or home in the next 5-8 years. Any thoughts????

Answers

1
The amount you put into a remodel should be based on what is customarily found in homes in your neighborhood. In example, putting Italian marble floors into a home in a neighborhood of median priced tract homes would not be advisable.

Time is also not a particularly relevant factor. In the example above, the Italian marble floor remains what it is in a neighborhood full of linoleum floors with the occasional tile floor upgrade.

You can get an idea of the value you may be able to recoup from your investment at the URL below.
Web Reference: http://www.costvsvalue.com/