Market Conditions in Miami>Question Details

Behappy, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

I live in Canada and would like to buy a property that is built after 2002, better in good area and easy to rent. My budget is 100k cash,please advise

Asked by Behappy, Miami, FL Wed Feb 23, 2011

Answers

21
O Canada,

With your Loony in good shape why not? " BEHAPPY" Spend a little time with us.
Investing in the United States for a Canadians is not unusual and a good practice as long as you are familiar with laws pertaining to investments and the taxation of likes. If you have already familiarized yourself and did your due diligence the opportunity is very favorable.
In assisting you further please read my blog regarding some tips I have prepared for Canadian Investors.

Gabriel
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 24, 2011
If you need my help I am here, this week I had received more than 5 inquiry from Canada. Runnning from the cold ah? You may contact me anytime.
Raisa
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 23, 2011
Hello, do not tell me you had not purchase a property yet. Are you waiting for winter to start? Get a realtor, buy what you want and be happy.... Raisa
Hi, My name is Rebecca Wilk with Coldwell Banker, and I would be more than happy to help you, with a purchase of your property for an investment. There are several properties built on 2002 around 100K. Please call me at 954-258-5151 or email : rwrebecca1@gmail.com, or rebecca.wilk@floridamoves.com
Rebecca Wilk
hello Behappy, just be very careful to not get into chinese drywall problems which are prevalent in Miami.

Read my blog for more information.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/monirmamoun/2010/10/chinese_drywa…
There are condos on Brickell in Miami built after 2002

Susan Penn, PA, SFR
EWM Realtor
2000 Main Street
Weston, FL 33326
954-557-5993
penn.s@ewm.com
I am a US-Canada, cross border tax and financial expert.

If you will be renting you have to consider the potential liability. You have to think about how to own the property. Canadian corporations and US LLCs are bad ideas. You also have to worry about nonresident withholding tax. The default withholding is 30% of the GROSS rents. There is a way to avoid the withholding. You will also need to file a nonresident income tax return (Form 1040NR). You will also need to file Form BE-15. You will need to obtain a US Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

In short, you need expert help beyond simply buying a home. We can help with all of these things and more.

Dale A. Walters
CEO
Keats, Connelly and Associates
1-800-678-5007
Miramar and Pembroke Pines have further developed in communities after 2002, good ara to invest
Hey Behappy,

Now is the time to build investment portfolio! Two thumbs up for adding real estate to that portfolio! As a Realtor and real estate investor with portfolio of my own, I can certainly guide you not only through most lucrative areas where to invest but also on what to invest? Is it worth as an investment property or not? Buying a home and buying an investment property is not the same! Not at all!

Merita Saliu
Smart Growth Realty
305 335 0803
msaliu@comcast.net
Just be careful with toxic Chinese Drywall with some newer homes You can get info here:

http://www.chinesedrywall.com/
Buying and renting will not be a problem, do think about incorporating or forming an LLC in the statte you wish to buy and then rent out in. Make sure you document all income source for the money used to purchase the income property.
BeHappy!

Don't worry.. there are several options where you buy for at or around 100K and rent out easily. The area is something you should determine. North Miami, Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, Miami Beach, Downtown Miami, Coconut Grove.... There are many happy places to invest --- here in MIAMI, Florida

♒WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS®♒
http://goo.gl/JUl3W
Hi there! If you loads of options so here are a few that might be worth a look. Coral Gables area, next to Miracle mile near shops, stores and restaurants.

Hope this helps!
Josh Garcia
EWM Realtors

josh.garcia@me.com
305.496.6693
Hi Behappy,
If you are Canadian no doubt I am the man for you, I am a Broker that specialize in assisting foreign buyers
from Canada, UK, India and the Caribbean and other commonwealth countries, I just sold a condo to a buyer from Jamaica and he did not even leave the Island. So if you are looking for someone who can really help you and understand all the intricacies of a foreign transaction and the present market, call me today.

Brian Halstead
Halstead Homes Realty.
786-303-1046
I was just wondering – particularly now, with prices down and mortgage rates low – whether you’ve considered purchasing real estate as an investment? This current market provides some great opportunities that will help you to build equity in both the short and long term.

There are many factors to take into account, so ideally we should speak if you consider doing this. That said, please bear in mind that my comprehensive buyer services will help you through each stage of the real estate investment process.

Raquel Filgueiras
South Florida Realty, Inc
1550 Madruga AVE Ste 512
Coral Gables, Florida 33146
Cell:786-368-3359
Fax: 786-221-4879

http://www.bestluxuryfloridahomes.com
http://raquelfilgueiras.listingbook.com
Have a Great Day !!!
~'What you do for yourself alone dies with you ... what you do for others and the world remains and is immortal.' Albert Pike
Looking for a property built after 2002, Homestead area is the location where you can buy property close to Miami. Even those are rising depending the physical condition of the property. If you need my service, more than glado to help you in this matter.

I am a broker specializing in investment properties.....first i would like to ask you what kind of return are you looking to receive on your investment? I mean as a percentage. Different investors have different parameters, finding a great property is not hard in this market depending on the return you are looking for. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and start receiving a free list of investment properties for your review.

Carlos Cardenas
954-707-0927
I kow of great home you can purchase for close to that price - and rent it for around $1300 - call me or email me.

Jaime Arana
Century 21 Continental
(305) 613-8463
jaime.arana@century21.com
We have numerous properties in this area that fit your criteria and I would be happy to assist you in finding one that you would "be happy" to own. I work in the southwest section of Miami-Dade County including Kendall, West Kendall, Homestead, Cutler Bay, etc. Feel free to call me or email me for more information.

Marie J. Montgomery, PA
Esslingler Wooten Maxwell, Inc. Realtors
12651 S. Dixie Highway, Suite 102
Pinecrest, FL 33156
Direct: 305-216-4142
Email: Montgomery.M@ewm.com
Hello Behappy :) love the name.

You have plenty of options, it depends on what you are looking for. This will probably be a condo and you need to consider how much you are willing to pay for monthly association fee.

I'd love to assist you on your search. Please feel free to contact me.

Beatriz Mendez
305-244-4125
Hi! There are properties available throughout South Florida that have great rental potential. I think we can find something in your price range, and would be happy to look up the properties for you and also to look up information regarding what the potential rental amouint is for such properties. I am very active in all Miami-Dade, Monroe and Broward counties. You may contact me at mghome53@kw.com for more information - I would love to work with you on this! Maria A Garcia, Keller Williams Realty Premier Properties.