Market Conditions in 40511>Question Details

Wayne Smith, Home Owner in Lexington, KY

I live at 125 Chestnut Ridge Dr in Lexington and looking into refinancing and was wondering what my home might appraise for in today's market.

Asked by Wayne Smith, Lexington, KY Mon Aug 6, 2012

Answers

6
My advice to you would be to hire a professional appraiser to appraise the value of the home. This is all they do and they will know the market value better then anyone else. They will give you the number that would best sell your home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2014
120 Clover Valley sold for $107k recently. It was less than 100 sq ft smaller than your's. 2765 Trailwood sold for $111k, but only has a one car garage and from the PVA picture, you have a 2 car. 213 Chestnut Ridge sold for $123k......which was probably on the high end.

Looks like you bought the house in 2004 for $116k. I asssume you have paid down some principle since that time. I think your house will appraise for what you need out of it to refinance. An appraisal is really more about justifying a price than it is determining market value. I've found refi appraisals are usually a bit more liberal on value than for a purchase.

It is a good time to refi and save some money. If you need help in picking a lender, just let me know.

Best of luck!
If you would like to contact me, I would be more than will ing to help you with that information.
dans@rhr.com
Good morning Wayne Smith. Trulia is not showing an email address for you. Will need that to forward the information from our MLS.
wasmith4022@yahoo.com
Flag Tue Aug 7, 2012
My house is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1218 Square Feet in the Westwood Subdivision off of Leestown Rd. The lot is listed as .1337 acres. House has 380 Sq. Ft. attached Garage, a deck on the back. Not basement or attic. House has a brick veneer and vinyl siding on the rest of the house. It was built in 2000.
Good evening Wayne. I am a Real Estate Broker Associate with RE/MAX Creative Realty here in Lexington, Ky.. Email me a good description of your home and I can email you properties that are active and ones that have sold in your area. This will give you an idea of your value without having to pay for an Appraiser. As for refinancing, that may depend on what your interest rate is now and what does it cost to refinance. There are several questions that need answering. Please call me and hopefully I can be of service. 859-312-0098.