Maria.formen…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I like to ask in laguna beach, or laguna niguel is there a maximum square footage of house you can build?

Asked by Maria.formenton, New York, NY Sun Jun 15, 2014

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F3027715123-16-Morning-Dove-Lagu… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3027715123-16-Morning-Dove-La…

Answers

3
Laguna Beach will be more restrictive on size and height. Several considerations come into this:
hillsides can slide, neighbors views are prized, and the coastal commission doesn't want change. Laguna Beach planning process is slower than Laguna Niguel.
Laguna Niguel is built with more Home Owner Associations, therefore you will have Laguna Niguel city planning requirements but also the HOA will have some say as to size, architectural style and even paint color.
In both cases I would suggest you hire local architect and local engineering as they can tell you what will or won't get approved.
There are more construction projects underway in Laguna Beach that Laguna Niguel. This is because of a couple factors: Laguna Beach is much older community. Houses vary in style and age. Laguna land is more costly because the community is prized and the ocean or canyon views.
Laguna Niguel was a master planned community becoming incorporated in 1989. Laguna Niguel that is closer to Dana Point and Monarch Beach has ocean views.
Hello Maria,

First and foremost, thank you for posting a question here at trulia. I appreciate it. The best thing to do is to contact the city (building and permits) division and gather specifics. They are the only ones that can tell you exactly how much square footage you can have. I am here to help you.
In Laguna Niguel in Bear Brand Ranch, earlier this year a home was completed at 20,000 square feet; and another new home is currently being built at 18,000 square feet.

7 Jencourt is a 1.24 acre level ocean view parcel where you could build a home or compound of over 30,000 square feet should you choose to.