Market Conditions in 59714>Question Details

MontanaHiker, Home Seller in Belgrade, MT

I i get a realtor to do a market comparison... Do I need to sign a contract with them? And is this free?

Asked by MontanaHiker, Belgrade, MT Thu Jun 16, 2011

Answers

7
You can do your own CMA with the help of "for sale by owner sites.
If a realtor charges you to do a CMA laugh (because many do it for free)... Then call me! If you are up front with your selected Realtor we are generally very accommodating. We are here to earn your business in the long run, and we love building relationships even if it takes years to make a sale. Have a wonderful day!
Just be honest about your intentions and I'm sure an agent will do a CMA for you. They are usually free of charge and will help you better than sites like Zillow where you can look at values on your own but, are usually unreliable as the algorithms used don't take into account architectural characteristics and details that an agent working your area will know.
Usually realtors will do a market comparison free of charge. You do not have to sign a contract with them, however they are looking to earn your business.
A free comparative market analysis is normally part of the agents listing presentation/ We recommend requesting not only the comparison properties selected for the CMA but all of the recent sales comparisons so that you have a good understanding of the complete market picture.

Information that is relative is often not shared with the customer. This missing information can help you amass a thorough understanding of the market and may at some time be useful.

You will not have to sign or agree to anything to obtain this information.

Good lcuk,

Realtors will usually do a free market comparison report, with the hopes that if you decide to sell your home, you will at least give them the opportunity to show you their listing presentation to show you what they can do to help you market your home. Give me a call!
Most realtors will do a market analysis for no charge, in the hopes of getting the chance to list your property for sale. If you really have no intention of selling, realtors still might do it as a courtesy, but you should probably mention that in advance. Good Luck!