Maria.formen…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I haven't been in NY for many years, and I would like to ask has lots of changes happened throughout NY in the past 5-7 years?

Asked by Maria.formenton, New York, NY Sat Jun 28, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3148002234-34-E-62nd-St-New-Y…

Answers

4
One thing you can always count on in NYC is change. Your 5-7 years ago coincides with the 2008 financial crisis that has led to the current market. Back then new development came to a standstill which has contributed to pent up demand and very little supply in the market. Now the only new supply is occurring at the high end of the market because of the price of land and the economics for the developers to make money. Foreign buying is a big part of the picture as they are buying about 35% of all condos sold, they view Manhattan as a safe environment to invest.
Last 5 years was crazy in NYC, specially in real estate.
Perhaps it's time for a visit and see all firsthand...
NY is always changing year to year due to constant growth. I'm not sure what changes you are talking about in particular though...

Chris