Alison, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

I have seen many homes in East Orange listed at $200k or less. Are these in areas that I should even consider?

Asked by Alison, Atlanta, GA Sat May 3, 2008

living? I am married and have a 1 year old child. I am looking for a single family home that will get good appreciation over the next few years. I am used to being in a transitional neighborhood.

I am also looking for suggestions for other areas that are a reasonable driving commute to the West Village with homes available for less than $250k. Willing to drive up to an hour.

Answers

2
East Orange is a perfect place to raise your family and to invest in!! I know because I live in East Orange with my husband and 3 kids and I am proud of it. Also, the home prices are rising and in my opinion you get more house for your money than in surrounding areas. The houses are appreciating so you should act fast and inquire more about this improving town!! Go to my page and I can help you get started! Also, for your commute, they have two train stations that ride directly into Manhattan so you won't have a problem commuting into the city. :-)
Any area could be a good area, but only you can made that assessment. Shop around for a neighborhood. Typically buyers should scout into areas where they would like to purchase a home. If you prefer to purchase a home in a dead end street then scouting would be most effective. Dead end streets offer privacy, but they are certainly not for everyone.

An older couple may have such preference as well as a growing family with small children. Yes you could use fancy websites that map properties online but this does not compare to the onsite experience.

When you are scouting for your next neighborhood do not call every listing agent on every sign unless you are prepared to track who is calling you again and again. The ideal situation is to get a list of properties from your real estate agent and drive by the area yourself. You will have all the time and space you need to look over the area.

If you see houses for sale in that area not on your list, write down the address and speak to your agent about it. It probably was excluded due to some feature you did not request like no finished basement, etc.

Visit my site and let me know if you see any house you like.
Web Reference: http://www.njhomesguide.com