Market Conditions in Bayonne>Question Details

Bob, Home Seller in Bayonne, NJ

I have had a unit for sale in Boatworks for over a year. Most feedback is that it is great and the price is right...even under market. Why no sale?

Asked by Bob, Bayonne, NJ Mon Feb 28, 2011

The unit is 28 Boatworks Drive and the asking price is $350,000. My Realtor has not asked me to stage or paint it - things I would have been willing to do a year ago and am still willing to do, albeit a bit more reluctantly now. We went from $415,000, to $392,500 to $350,000.

Answers

4
When you price it right it sells it self.

market is down,you know this

square foot price is around 160.00 per foot, and no demand for Bayonne property

there are 1,600 homes for sale
How many comparable units have sold in the past year and at what prices?
Hi Bob,
Sometimes, taking care of small details like painting and de-cluttering can make a Hugh difference in selling your home. Continually lowering the price is not the ultimate answer. The price should be according the market value. What makes your home sell is the feeling buyers get when they walk in. I would do everything reasonable in my control to enhance the buyer’s experience and leave the things that I can't control for the market to respond to. A well maintained home that is priced right will sell all the time.
For more information about the Bayonne Market, feel free to contact me.
Truly yours,
Issa Musharbash
Century 21 Innovative Realty
220 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07002
201-401-6567
Do review comps with your agent, make sure you are priced very competitively with other area units, if not adjust accordingly; also make sure the marketing maximizes your exposure. Make sure the property is neat, sparkling clean and clutter free; remove or rearrange any bulky furniture, do paint, remove/replace any old rugs if applicable, etc.;