codyacker.co…, Home Buyer in Texas

I have 2 girls in elementary school are the schools good? We live in tx and are moving to the denver area , I have no idea of the scoring system used

Asked by codyacker.codyacker, Texas Sat Feb 8, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3145309212-17920-E-Brown-Pl-Aur…

Answers

13
I have two children in Elementary School as well. The system goes from 0 being the worst to 10 being the best. There are a number of factors that play into those ratings. A few big ones are Test scores from the previous years TCAP (Transitional Colorado Assessment Program) results from the state of Colorado. Those are defined as the Median Growth Percentiles in Math, English Language Arts, and Writing from the state's standardized, timed assessment tests. I believe it does have an impact in the reputation of the area you are looking into for your move. As a parent I say stay involved in your children's education as the school my kids attend is a 1 on that scale but I do not feel that my kids are being impacted by that rating. The majority of schools with these low rating in my opinion is lack of support from the parents. Schools are not public babysitting institutions. It takes both teachers and parents to educate our children and unfortunately when one of those factors is missing the test scores show that result. You can always use that as a factor to decide where to look for a home but I would take it with a grain of salt and always drive around the neighborhoods you plan to look.
I agree completely Jon, and has being a father of three, and involved in everything school related, it's up to the parents to be involved.
Flag Wed Apr 16, 2014
Hello! If you have the opportunity to drive through the neighborhoods, it will help you get a better feeling for the area. If you are being transferred, finding a home close to work might be important too! You can get great schools & a great home. You might just fall in love with Colorado & make it your new home;) Good Luck !
If you get any rentals will you send them my way? Looking for a 3 bedroom 2 bath house . Would like a backyard but not opposed to not having much. We like the country style of living but will live in the city if we can't find anything in the country. I've been told the drive to work May take longer even on a short strip of rd? I think I just need to be close to a train stop.
Flag Wed Apr 9, 2014
Hello Marc -
Both Cherry Creek & Douglas County have great schools. (We've lived in both districts.) Be ready tho, to have "Yr. Round Schools" in these two districts. (That was new to us 19 yrs. ago when we came.) Scoring System may fluctuate in ea. district. ( 97 - 100 A, or 98 - 100 A) Larson's also have a Ranch for sale: SE Aurora on So. Jackson Gap Way. Let me know if you are in the market for 4 bed/4bath 3 car. Here's Realtor contact info. for you to get more info: Rhonda 303-525-3000. Best of Luck w/your move.
Good afternoon, I have a new listing in Tallyn's Reach, which is in Southern Aurora Colorado and services the Cherry Creek School system. This listing happens to be about two blocks away from the elementary school in the neighborhood. Please contact me with any needs or questions. Thank you, Marc Thurston 720-934-8413 Brokers Guild or marcthurston@yahoo.com

http://www.trulia.com/property/3149924500-24664-E-Quarto-Pl-…
Hello! It looks like this particular property was in Aurora School District (Although this listing has been pulled). If you are concerned with Schools, you may want to live further South. Cherry Creek schools, Douglas County Schools or Littleton Schools are higher rated among other schools in CO. Generally you will need to live South of Hampden Ave, with a few exceptions. I live in Aurora and my children has attended both Douglas county and Cherry Creek schools (although we have been happier in CC).
If you need any assistance- whether with Rentals or Purchase, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Stacy Beer http://www.milehighbeerhomes.com
I am interested in rental homes. Please help. Codyacker.codyacker@yahoo.com
That's my email .
Flag Sat Apr 5, 2014
Cherry Creeks schools are nationally recognized and my children attended these schools, but the school decision should be based on the personal interview with the principal or Assistant Principal of the individual schools. After all it is your child's future that is at stake! Good Luck and contact me if your need names and numbers of those school officials.
Denver does have some great schools. My daughter goes to Denver Language School which is the only public language emersion elementary school in Colorado! Steck, and Bromwell are other great elementary schools. I am happy to tell you more. Feel free to contact us anytime.

Thanks!
720-252-3854
Douglas County or Cherry Creek School districts are the better in the denver metro area. I would steer clear of City of Denver or city of Aurora schools if possible.
Yes, Cherry Creek School district is the best in Colorado. In our area we are zoned for the following schools:
Elementary school Dakota Valley
middle school is Sky Vista.
High School is Cherokee Trails
.
Please click on this link below. It should help.

http://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?c=school&…

Also try the link below to search for a home right now. If I can help in in any way please let me know.

http://www.patcusarealty.com/web/AR457537/ListingSearch/adva…
We would like to find nice rental properties because we may only be living in co for about 2 years.
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
The Cherry Creek school district is one of the best in the state. This school district is only in a portio.n of Aurora. I would be happy to provide more detailed info for you. You can reach us direct at 720-935-7370.
Hello "Codyacker",

To help you out I have posted a link on my website to the Colorado Education system. This can help you with school grades, etc.

My website is http://www.MileHiRealtor.com . On the main page to the left you'll see several links. Click on the "Colorado School Link". You should be able to search any school district you are interested in.

There is also school district links under the "Denver Area & State Info". The "Neighborhood Info" link is also a great resource for information.

If you are interested in purchasing a home feel free to search homes for sale through my website as well. That would be available through the "Search for Homes" link.

If you are considering purchasing a home please let me know. I can get you in contact with a lender that may be able to help you get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan. Mortgage rates are at around 4%, an excellent time to buy.

Thanks for your inquiry into the home for rent at 17920 E Brown Place, Aurora. As always feel free to let me know of any other questions or assistance you may need.

Dan Peregoy, Broker
Brokers Guild Cherry Creek
303 667-2222
Cherry creek school district is one of best, junction between Denver and Aurora.
Aurora quest school (K-8 Gr)in Aurora school district for Advanced kids near by Aurora.