Market Conditions in 21224>Question Details

Voggy14, Both Buyer and Seller in 21224

I have an end unit home, one block from Canton Square. How much value would a 2 car parking pad add?

Asked by Voggy14, 21224 Wed Jun 8, 2011

My house was assessed in 2009 at $320,000.00 before remodeling the master bathroom and putting on a new rubber roof. The house is 1790 sq ft with 2 bed/ 2 bath.

Answers

6
A parking pad should increase the value anywhere from 15-25k
A 2 car parking pad here in Canton is priceless. As a Canton resident I can attest to that myself. The amount of value that the 2 car parking pad will add to your property will be significant, and it will be measured by the buyers in our area whenever you choose to list the property for sale. It is definitely a premium that can be added to your list price and something most potential buyers in Canton are willing to pay for.
2012 has been the best year for real estate properties in Canton since 2007. 9 out of the 10 Buyers I am working in 21224 are single females. Safety is the number one priority and parking is number one on the list. Having a 2 car parking pad in the heart of Canton....priceless!!! Visit my website at http://www.theoharris.com for a lot of great information or call me if you would like to speak about specifics with your property.
Home values have changed since 2009 if you would like I can do a current market analysis to let you know what your home would be assessed at. Parking in Canton is like finding gold when I have clients looking to purchase a home in Canton their main wants are parking, roof top deck, & a great view.

Heather Sand
Style House Realty
443.621.3597
heather@stylehouserealty.com
Make sure zoning and pemits are in place and approved before laying up an idea of adding parking. Canton is a bit touch and go with what they will let you do on your own property...
I live 3 blocks from O'Donnell Square myself, and I know the tremendous value that a parking pad adds in this area where street parking is at such a premium. I would estimate that a 2-car parking pad would increase your value by $20,000. Perhaps just as importantly, it will bring your home into the realm of possibilities for many buyers who would not otherwise consider it.

I caution you not to count on the value assessment from 2009 being accurate in today's market, but if you would like me to take a look at your house and give you an honest analysis of its value right now (and with a future parking pad), I would be happy to do so. Feel free to contact me via phone 410-804-3682 or email jamie.mason@LNF.com