Market Conditions in 19111>Question Details

Pat Sicilia, Other/Just Looking in Fox Chase/ Burholme,...

I have a stone and brick twin on the 400 block of Hartel Ave, end house next to park.

Asked by Pat Sicilia, Fox Chase/ Burholme, Philadelphia, PA Sat Feb 28, 2009

Beginning of last year, it was worth $250,000. What's it worth now?

Answers

4
OOPS!!

Pat,

I said in my first sentence below: low 100-200's but I meant to say the high 100's to low 200's! Yikes! Sorry for that mistake!!
Pat,

I typically do not like quoting numbers without knowing all of the details of a property but these twins are going for low 100's - 200 in Burlhome right now in the last 3 months. BUT... you know there is always a but in there. But, the price will swing 10-15,000 in either direction based on improvements and updates, your lot space and so many other features. If your home is a 1 level style, there is a big trend for 1 level living right now in the greater North East neighborhoods. Good news for you is 1) Spring market is upon us (even though we are currently awaiting a snow storm tonight!) 2) FHA home buyers are lookinfg for homes in the 200's 3) The $8,000 tax refund is going to bring out some of the buyers who have been sitting on the fence all winter.

The comparable sales price averages says that the low 200's is the highest any Burholme Twin property has sold for in the last 15 months. So, I am not certain who gave you the $250,000 price tag to begin with. The value of properties in your neighborhood has not really dropped according the the SALES records.

I hope this answers your question. It is important to check the source of your original price quote. I can email you the comparables if you would like to see the subject properties that I used to answer your question.
Hi Pat,

Thats a great question. A home owner should always know how much their home is worth.

My advice to you is to find a Realtor who you feel comfortable with out to your home to have them provide you with a home value report.

Be careful though, many Realtors are desperate for business and will tell you what you want to hear instead of being honest with you. The last thing that you need is a Realtor telling you that your home is worth much more than what it is worth.

You can read the answers here to your question and you may find someone you would like to talk with further.

I am very familiar with your area and would love to talk with you. Feel free to contact me either via email or you can call me at (215) 669-0589.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION REALTY
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask For Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com Read my latest blog article. Find out what everyone is talking about.
Suggest you contact a local agent who can do a CMA at no cost to you.