James Michael, Home Buyer in La Gorce, Miami Beach,...

I have a question because i am from new york, and thinking in buying a place on either north bay road, or star island, or the adjacent islands

Asked by James Michael, La Gorce, Miami Beach, FL Sun Feb 9, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3086842315-Single-Family-Home…

Answers

6
What was your question? Assuming you would prefer a simple answer rather than a plethora of broker emails on every single home available. Also may be worth mentioning that the home is no longer on the market for sale. It is now on the market for rent at $225K/M. The sale listing was cancelled on Jan 22nd. The property was previously purchased in Nov 2012 at $9.6MM. Needless to say it was a complete tear-down and is now a brand new home. If the square footage reported on the MLS is accurate we are talking about a $2,470/SF asking price - going rate is $1,000/SF on the island. May be worth looking at other options.
I have a question the edition condos, which is 30th and collins do you think it is a higher end unit than other high end condos around collins in Miami beach? The reason I ask this question the unit 1404 is selling for 12.5 million, and it is 4000 + sq feet? That is close to 3000 per square foot? Do you think it is much higher end unit than other units selling for 1000 per sq foot? Can I get more of my money for the amenities the edition can offer me in comparison to the Porsche design and jade buildings that are under construction in sunny isles, FL?
Flag Wed Feb 12, 2014
...and to answer your question to Laurent: You may be looking at the wrong island. The homes on Star are certainly visible. That being said, there are many homes that are simply overpriced. However, there were a total of 7 homes sold in the past 6 months exceeding 8,000 SF on Star Island (a total of 10 including those less than 8,000 SF) which is a relatively high sales volume for an Island with a total of 25 homes. Average time on market was 200 days and average sale price/sf was $1,181 (for those sold over the past 6 months exceeding 8,000 SF). High sale price/sf was $1,699 - making that $2,470/SF asking price on La Gorce seem even less appealing. There are currently 4 homes on Star being offered for sale - 30 Star Island is aesthetically similar to 5446 N Bay Rd. They are asking $35MM ($2,188/SF) and it is also brand new. If you are going to spend $2K/SF I would rather see you do it on Star than La Gorce.
Flag Wed Feb 12, 2014
Please call me . I lived around all those areas so I can help you with anything you need to know .
Thank you
Laurent 310 866 2661 or email me
Homburgerlaurent@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 9, 2014
Quite a few times I drove around star island through the gate house, and also around the island on a speed boat. Maybe, I am wrong but the island looks kind of desserted, unless the owners do not want to get seen or be seen? Also, some homes on star island look like junk, can those homes sit on the market for ten years if nobody the owner does not want to fix up the house, and sell it in better condition, than the way it is being sold as? Also, there are lots of homes on sale on star island, but there is not much of people wanting or looking at those homes, if they are asking crazy prices?
Flag Mon Feb 10, 2014
Hello.

The areas you mention are beautiful and I would be happy to assist with your property search. Feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Best!

Rocio Yaffar
ContactRocio@Hotmail.com
Hi James! Let me assist you in finding your dream home. The high-end of the market in Miami Beach has been particularly interesting. I'd be happy to forward you sales data and market trends.
Tatiana at 954-243-4948, info@WorldEnterpriseRealty.com
James, Please contact me at selda@miamirealestateinc,com or 786.3831553 to better assist you.
Hi James,

I was unable to find this exact house, but there are many more in this price range that might appeal to you.

You can reach me by phone, text, or email and I will be happy to work with you to find the perfect place.

Nadine Mauro

Highlight Realty

561-414-0864

NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com