Charles, Home Seller in Colorado

I have a 40 acers in Huerfano County, what can I sale it for? Is land here saleing?

Asked by Charles, Colorado Mon Mar 24, 2008

I bought it years ago. Taxes were lower and I was going to retire their. The taxes just shot up from about $ 40 per year to over $500. per year. I am thinking I do not want to live their and build a house to retire. If they are going to do this to me now.

Answers

4
Charles, Contact me I'm looking to buy....David Prather...gots2bdave@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Dear Charles,
I am a broker in La Veta, specializing in Huerfano County. It depends where your property is located as property values vary a lot depending on whether you are closer to La Veta and Cuchara, or north of Highway 160. Also, if you property has been re-evaluated in terms of zoning - the cheapest in agricultural zoning, which requires a current grazing lease to stay zoned as agricultural. The next category would be rural residental, which would make it the taxes increase. Huerfano County is a very desirable part of the state, since it is very beautiful. Our company specializes in Huerfano County property.
I agree if your taxes went up the land value has probably gone up. Do you know of any large developments taking place around the area? You might want to do some research and then contact a real estate professional for their advice and expertise for the area. If you have some acreage you could apply for agricultural status if there are some ranchers in the area that could use the land to graze their cattle on for now. You would want to discuss this further with a local Realtor or the BLM. Good Luck.
Mountain Top Realtor
Chris Gempeler
land in the middle of nowhere probably isn't worth that much.
that is my opinion
but if the taxes went up, it must be worth more for some reason
find out what that reason is
you may want to keep it
for example, maybe someone discovered oil or gold or something nearby
or maybe the tax man just wants more money
like i said, try to find the reason

anyways

good luck