Particlemn, Other/Just Looking in 90814

I first bought my house in 2002 in the Rose Park Area of Long Beach. For the first few years I would receive note pads from about 25 different

Asked by Particlemn, 90814 Wed May 19, 2010

realtors each month. I stopped receiving them about 2007. I am now running out. Does anyone know when the supply of scratch paper will start up again. or do i need ot actually purchase this myself now.

Answers

9
Thank you for all the answers and a special thank you to Shannon Jones who left some note pads on my porch this last Friday
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 12, 2010
Hello Particlemn,
I bet by now you have more notepads. They are very handy, and we all need them.
I just wanted to let you know that if you ever would like real estate information, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm a 35-year-plus resident of Long Beach, licensed broker since 1994, and I've sold a couple of houses in Rose Park as well. I love historic districts, and even have the map on my webiste.
Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance!
thanks, Julia
LOL! Well, most of those agents are probablly out of business. They used all their profit on marketing materials and advertisment costs. Hey, this is the first time in over 10 years that I didn't send out to my clients , friends and family calanders in hopes to save some $$$$. Who out there has an extra calander for me... Don't worry, the market is getting busier and I am sure those pads of paper scratch pads will be back on your door step!
Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943
I was entertained as well. Hey I tell you what. I have boxes and boxes of scratch pads. Nothing to do with real estate nor my name on them. I used to work for a drug company and soon. I will be throwing them away. Contact me and I can drop them off for you. Maybe I will get lucky and at some point you might refer someone to me. :) I love the Rose Park area of Long Beach.
You, your funny you, yes you are...your funny! Though I don't see Trulia Voices as the proper venue to beg for office supplies, I must say I was pleasantly entertained, not only by your question, but more so by the Agents responses!

Stay Blogging My Friends!

@CBRELongBeach
Web Reference: http://CoastalAlliance.net
What's your address? I'll drop some by.
My best answer is that you are witnessing a "sign of the times." The note pads, calendars, magnets, etc. are more costly. The cost of postage has soared. And, quite frankly, that type of marketing is ineffective, in that you cannot track your ROI (Return on Investment). Today, on-line marketing is where the majority of Realtors are investing their marketing budget, in multiple types of on-line marketing. Some of the marketing venues are interactive web sites (with "back office stats"), Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, etc. Most of the surveys about real estate report that between 80% and 90% of Buyers shop on-line for homes, before they tour homes. So, I guess you will need to buy your own scratch pads.
lol, great question. i would assume those 25 agents are out of business :) only kidding of course. in all seriousness, most agents have scaled back on their marketing budget hence, no note pads. your more than welcome to stop by my office in belmont shores, i have plenty of note pads from title reps who drop them off on my desk; although they too have disappeared. sign of the times my friend.
This is a fantastic question and many of my clients ask the same thing. You have to begin walking into the agent's offices to get these notepads. Don't forget the pens.