Marti, Other/Just Looking in Brigantine, NJ

I don't see much activity regarding Brigantine rental in this economy - 2010 Summer. Does snyone have any idea about possibility of renting a?

Asked by Marti, Brigantine, NJ Tue Apr 20, 2010

5 or 6 bedroom, 2 bath, sleep approx 10, dutch colonial single home 1 and half blocks from beach at south end of Brigantine? If so, is it best to use a rental manager and what should one expect from manager?

Answers

3
ANGELA REYNOLDS’s answer
Marti-
After handling summer rentals for numerous years, I have definitly seen a change in this year's market. I've experienced a slower start as well as many potential tenants looking to rent only partial weeks. I attribute this to the state of the economy and the probability that renters can not afford to take a full week off from work as well as not being able to afford the costs accrued for an entire week's vacation. Using a professional is always a wise move, as your property will receive the maximum exposure. Today's buyers/renteers are extremely tech savvy and many of them do their research on-line on sites such as VRBO.com. If you should have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Angela Reynolds
Cell 609-517-3908
Hi Marti

You have several options if you want to rent this season. Brokers collect 12% -15% of each rental they book. If this suits you, inquire with your Real Estate office of choice.

There is also a couple of sites used by many homeowners, VRBO.com or Homeaway.com allows you to rent your property on the internet with no commissions. There is a start up fee.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me. As Jamie stated below, we are still getting rental inquiries.

Mary Ann Jarvis
Prudential Fox & Roach, Brigantine
609-226-6950
Marti,

There is definitely still an opportunity to take advantage of the upcoming season. Typically our rentals start to book in January and February, however we are still receiving calls practically everyday from people inquiring to book summer rentals. It would also be to your advantage to use a Realtor to market your rental as we are normally the first call that a potential tenant makes. I would be happy to discuss this further with you, please feel free to contact me.

Jamie Naame-Yumiseba
Century 21 O'Donnell