Market Conditions in Albany>Question Details

min, Home Buyer in Guilderland, NY

I do not know why trulia infos are so wrong!1/ hom value isS778,900. 2/taxes$18,000/ sold for $525,000

Asked by min, Guilderland, NY Fri Apr 12, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/New_York/Albany/sold/20060884-56…

Answers

9
Jason Bustelos’ answer
Min...
What is your interest in this property and its values? Like others have mentioned, sites like trulia and zillow are not always accurate or up to date. Certain properties do not have enough or more recent comparable sales to trully reflect a good idea of value. The is also a difference between assessed, appraised, and market values. Likewise, many things can influence taxes figures; if the property is being taxed at higher than its current market value then the owner should ask for some help in providing evidence as to this being the case. Like you mentioned, some real solid evidence with figures and numbers, not some random unsupported information like that provided here. Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Jason Bustelos; LREB
NY Realtor Group, LLC
518-330-2230

jbustelos@nyrealtorgrp.com
You are correct in saying Trulia's estimate of this home's worth is not accurate. There must have been something in their way of calculating the value that was not entered correctly or was misinterpreted. As a realtor, when I access the public records on this home I see a Full Market Value (for tax purposes) of $656,000 and an assessment of $576,000 for property taxes. However, due to complicated rules, the tax value for SCHOOL district purposes put it at $728,000. The information I have has not bee updated yet for 2012 but there does not seem to be any reason behind this estimated value of $394,000. Even though a house of this value is not common in Albany, it still shouldn't come in this low, especially since it was just purchased with the last year for $525,000. If you are the owner, you can sign on to an account and update information about it and they may help to fix the error. Best of luck!
Julie Adadjo
Licensed Real Estate Agent at Heartland Home Properties, LLC East Greenbush NY
Julie, thank you, We are the owner of the home, I did not remember the exact numbers I am sorry about that. But we do have another home in TX , trulia did the exact not strange anymore since all of you have explained to me.. But the fact and the matter, I think that a is a wast of times to look some approximated value of any home at Trulia as well zillow.
Flag Fri Apr 12, 2013
Third party website that's why. Best next action is to ask a local Real Estate Broker by clicking "Find a Pro" in the main menu at the top of this website. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
This site is not an accurate place for such information
HI,
If you provide me with the address I will be happy to look into this for you? You can reach me at 518-321-8355.
Paige
While sites like Trulia can be of tremendous help in learning about an area and viewing the homes in a certain location, they are not always accurate for every property. That's where using a realtor to help in your search cuts out a lot of extra work on your part and gives you the true facts on each individual property.
Meant to type not updated for 2013.
Trulia said that is a public record, Which record? Records from 30 Years? The public data said clearly that for example " 56 Bentwood east court Albany NY 12203 " who was purchase January 2012, price $525,000, taxes record indicate $18,000. Home value $778,000. Those are recorded facts that can be verified and not your "own prefabricated data's." I am sorry but during our search to look eventual property's to buy, we were confused.
Trulia said one thing and reality is quite different.
I would pretty much prefer to read reals facts .
Use Trulia as a guide. Go to a Realtor for facts.
Flag Sun Apr 14, 2013