Market Conditions in 10305>Question Details

Concetta, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

I decided to put my real estate license on the shelf for a while ...now I think it is time to start working

Asked by Concetta, New York, NY Wed Jun 10, 2009

again. I am now working for a manufacturing co. paying me 15 per hr. is it time to jump back in with both feet or should I leave one foot in the paying job.?Help me make up my mind. However I do have some new construction going on but the seller/builder does not have a c/o yet. so this property can not be sold until.

Answers

4
Rates are going up, homes are still much too high in price, unemployment is much worse that reported and going to get much worse, inflation in gas and grocery prices are starting to soar and will hit high gear in early 2010.

Unless you know something I don't you best not jump into a dead market infested with so much competition.

Too many people own realty, want to sell realty, too few want to buy at these bubble asking prices, and there are more realtors than can be counted.
Maybe a fresh start at a new company would inspire and motivate you to a new and higher level where real estate could sustain you completely!
Web Reference: http://www.clovelake.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 13, 2009
good afternoon...........no one told me when i started in the mortgage business almost fifteen years ago not to quit my day job.i didn't know where my first deal was coming from nor how to write it if i did find it...stay in your paying job for now in addition to real estate..that way you have the best of both worlds.regular pay and not worrying about closing your next deal so you can pay your bills....bob mcclure- success mortgage partners- plymouth, michigan....
Concetta- That's a big decision! Very ambitious!
Don't know if I would recommend quitting my day job in this real estate market.
+
Don't think the part-timers are doing well in this market.
The full-time 60 hours+ /week are the ones making a living.
Good luck with your decision!
Web Reference: http://www.321advantage.com