Market Conditions in 70447>Question Details

Coral,  in Sacramento, CA

I am wondering what the normal marketing time is for a single family home in Madisonville, LA. And...how is?

Asked by Coral, Sacramento, CA Fri Feb 1, 2008

new construction impacting existing home sales?

Answers

4
Madisonville is very popular in the St. Tammany Parish areas. I nicknamed it the "Cape Cod" of Louisiana since it has the quaint, small town atmosphere. Sales there are usually faster in listing time, but you still have the location - condition - price issues that should be addressed to get the sale done quickly. They have good elementary schools and they attend Mandeville High, which is a highly rated school. Because of the close proximity to both Lake Pontchatrain & Tchefuncta River, you may be required to have Flood Insurance.
I agree with Ian about there being no "normal" marketing time. If I knew what subdivision you are in and some basic information about you home, I could calculate inventory in the market of comprable properties and be able to give you a reasonable idea.
New construction always impacts. Today's buyers do not want to "Fix-up" for the most part, they want to be able to move into the home. So if you are competing against lots of new construction, you need to make sure your house shows equally as well.
If you go to my web site there is a market snapshot you can sign up for and it will show you real time what is going on in your market. You can also find tips for getting your home ready to sell.
If I can be of assistance, please feel free to call or e-mail me.
The latest statistics (January 2008) indicates average days on the market in our area is 105 days. The way your home is marketed to the general public and how well it shows once the buyers get there can greatly influence the days on the market...
There is no "normal marketing time" for anything in this market. If someone tells you otherwise, find another Realtor.

There are many variables to consider such as the condition, location, square footage and use of the home, then the abilty of possible buyers to purchase...then the added special treat of a buyer finding insurance.
Web Reference: http://iansellsnola.com