Market Conditions in 33991>Question Details

Sandy Kane, Home Owner in Sarasota, FL

I am very interested in this area from what I read. Most important right now is a good neighborhood with older kids (9 & 10) and schools. TELL

Asked by Sandy Kane, Sarasota, FL Mon May 9, 2011

ME! Are the children nice and neighbors friendly...granddaughter moving with us. This is a must! The best part of Cape Coral for this would be......?????
Thank You

Please take a moment to read my blog "are you comparing apples to apples". This may help you in your house hunting search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 17, 2011
If being in a good school is an important issue for you? Start your search on

It's a wonderful site that rates the schools in the area. =) I just had a buyer who started on the schools he wanted and then we showed only homes in the areas near those schools. The family also took a tour of the schools while down.

Was a great success! Good Luck with your search! Have a Beautiful Day!
Web Reference:
This is a pretty old post....but in case you still need help Sandy or if others were wondering:

Good Neighborhoods are on the top of everyone's check list when buying a home. There are Gated communities, Gulf access homes, golfing communities, Condos/Townhomes and even Villas here in Cape Coral. The best thing to do, is come up with a budget....get preapproved and go from there. Hire a Realtor that knows Cape Coral and have them show you all your options. Cape Coral is a great place to raise kids.

This area has School Choice (known as Student Assignment). Which means the schools are based on a lottery system and not by neighborhood. Contact Lee County Student Assignment office for more info.

Hope this helps!

Christina Morabito
Florida Future Realty, Inc.

“The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and/or commenters and may or may not represent the views of Florida Future Realty, Inc."
I would suggest one of the gated communities in Cape Coral or SW Cape. Give me a call if you have questions.
Make it a great day,
Adrian Nielsen
Century 21 Sunbelt
Hello Sandy,

Cape Coral is essentially one very large residential community, nearly 89% in fact, with little ‘major industry’ within the City. The old adage of ‘live in Cape Coral, work in Ft. Myers’ still, for the most part, holds true today. That being said, and with respect to the schools, this City has several to consider. I find that visiting the School District’s site at is a worthwhile endeavor when considering relocating to Lee County. You have the capability of viewing each school’s report card over the last 7 years, i.e. – which rank as A+ schools, etc. A lot of data is contained therein, so I sincerely suggest investing just a little time on their site to aid in your school considerations.

Continuing on, the neighborhoods in the SE & SW would most likely suit your needs. These two areas of town are more developed and offer the largest potential for acquiring that ‘neighborhood feel’. As stated below, the two northern quadrants are not as developed, not as dense, and therefore may not present the best alternatives if living in a more established neighborhood is desired. Add to the fact that most of the two Southern quadrants possess city water & sewer whereas the two Northern quads do not is, yet, another item to strongly consider into which area may suit you best.

My family moved to Southeast Cape Coral in 1979 from PA and we never looked back! I currently reside in the SW and find it equally as enjoyable. Both of my children attend public elementary schools here in Cape Coral and, from our experience, we could not be more satisfied with the quality & substance in the education they have received. I hope this info helps and please feel free to call or email if I may be of any additional assistance.

Matt Lamb, Realtor ®
General Sales / New Home Sales Consultant
Miloff Aubuchon Realty Group, Inc.
Aubuchon Homes, Inc. & The Sterling Collection, Inc.
mobile: 239.895.4657
office: 239.542.1075 x3774
Member: N.A.R.®, F.A.R.®, C.C.A.R.®
HI Sandy,

Generally speaking SW cape coral is considered the newer nicer area of cape coral. I lived there for many years and my children went to school there and I have family that lives there and thier children go to school there. Really, anything south of veterans parkway is going to have fuller neighborhoods with the child requirements. as you get further north of veterans parkway, the area starts to sprawl out so the comunities are further and further apart.

cape coral does not have what would be called traditional neighborhoods so you just have to find an area that is populated more densly than others and again, southwest and southeast cape coral is the way to go for that.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to write or call for more information if you would like it :O)

Web Reference:
Hello Sandy, All Cape Coral is very family (and children) friendly - no worries. Schools and Kindergartens are great. You will find children in all areas of Cape Coral. Cape Coral is a young city - you will love it here and your children and grand children as well.
We have numerous schools located in Cape Coral and we are also on controlled choice so you register your children with the school district and put the schools you would like for them to attend in the order of your preference. I have lived in Cape Coral for over 22 years and both of my kids have gone thru the school choice system which worked out great for us.

Feel free to email me if you would like to discuss the area with me more or if you would like to discuss how I can assist you as your buyers agent.

Terry McCarley, Jones & Co Realty
cell: 239-707-4575