Market Conditions in 33952>Question Details

Tina Sharp, Home Buyer in Punta Gorda, FL

I am tring to get a fair market value on 21801 Edgewater Dr in Port Charlotte FL 33952. But am having trouble

Asked by Tina Sharp, Punta Gorda, FL Wed Oct 24, 2007

finding days on market with comparbles Where can I as an interested buyer find this information?

Answers

3
Last one I sold with comparable sq footage sold for $72k. Let me know if I can help you.
Paul
Tina,

Contact a Real Estate professional to get the information you have requested. The agent can give you information about recent sales and comps on the market. There are some great buys in the area. Presently the buyers have an advantage so get educated before your purchase.
Hey there Tina~ Well the best advice I can give you is to hire a REALTOR. First of all it costs you NOTHING---the seller pays the realtor in most cases. You owe it to yourself to have someone research this for you who does this for a living---I don't mean your cousin that just got his license and does it part time between teaching---not that there is anything wrong with that.:-) In todays volitaile market the importance of having a professional is KEY whether you are buying or selling. Every area has pockets of neighborhoods that are doing better or doing worse. A REALTOR has the most recent comparables and can educate you on the price differential in your area between list price versus sold price. This is important...other factors are days on the market, how many agents the home has been listed with and what price did they originally start the listing for. These are ALL things that a REALTOR can find out for you--all while you are at home having dinner with your family. I work with many clients who have established a long term relationship with me and call me for their friends or family members with questions just like this. It helps to have a REALTOR relationship with someon instead of just bouncing around. They can be an invaluable resource for you not only when looking but after the purchase as well. If you like I can put you in touch with an agent in the Port Charlotte area. I have also included a link to the Port Charlotte county property appraisers office where you can research the property and find out possibly the owner, how much they paid (not that it has ANY bearing on this) when they purchased and possibly the most recent sales in the area. I hope this helps! And remember you have NOTHING to lose and so much to GAIN when you hire a REALTOR!