Carolyn Laza…, Home Buyer in 11414

I am thinking of relocating from The City to Upstate NY, Why is there such a large number of homes for sale in Saugerties?

Asked by Carolyn Lazauskas, 11414 Wed May 23, 2012

Answers

5
The taxes are so high in Saugerties that it is like renting the property after you buy it...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 10, 2012
Lots of old folks retiring or passing away coupled with massive building during the boom. But if you look carefully at the properties there is actually a shortage of homes with acreage and privacy. It's the smaller properties that are not in demand. Anything with 3+ acres in a secluded location goes pretty fast.
There is not a relatively large number of homes for sale in Saugerties. Saugerties is a mature, safe and settled community. Twenty Seven percent of the inhabitants are Senior Citizens, which account for a good portion of our sellers. The tree lined streets and many amenities make an ideal place to live. call me at 845 246 7604. I'll be happy to show you why people want to live here.
Hi Carolyn,

There are 145 active home listings in Saugerties, vs. 117 in Woodstock. Saugerties is definitely a more populated area, and there are more modest homes there than in other parts of the county. It's had a rejuvenation of sorts lately, with the horse show facility and the construction of a big hotel and conference center by the falls.

I'd be happy to help you with your search. Check out my website for an MLS search page with no sign up required!

http://lisahalter.wwmediaagent.com

Please get in touch anytime if you have more questions.

Lisa Halter
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Village Green
917-658-0535
Lisa, Thank You for responding! Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
I am typically looking for your lovely post card looking Courrier & Ives . I do want privacy. And in a middle age family oriented community to raise our 8 year old. I would like to be able to drive to a trendy type town/neighborhood. (My way of keeping in touch with city life)
I want both... but want the privacy. safety and beauty of land.

Am I asking for too much?? lol :))
Flag Tue Mar 12, 2013
I believe Saugerties has more homes per square mile than any other town. In even a good, fast market there are always more listings in Saugerties than anywhere else. It also covers more area than most other towns in Ulster County. Of course the inventory right now is very high everywhere and, of course, a really good time to buy, especially with the rates at their lowest ever. If you need additional help finding a property in Saugerties, I'd be happy to help. Just go to http://www.larryotoole.com to find out some more about me.
Larry O'Toole
Coldwell Banker Village Green Realty
917-576-5832.