Hills107, Other/Just Looking in Pittsburgh, PA

I am thinking of getting my real estate license. How much have sales increased or decreased in the past 3 years?

Asked by Hills107, Pittsburgh, PA Thu Apr 8, 2010

Answers

2
The toughest times could be behind us(for now) in real estate; or not. It's cyclical and I do think your timing of entering full time would be more crucial than getting started part time. Having said that, if you have connections, particular knowledge(commercial leasing, apartment locating, new home consturction,etc), or a niche area you can focus on based on your experiences and that particular area of real estate is performing well then you could do well no matter if single family home sales are up or down. For pondering your decision try preparing a business plan, how many sales you need to make to make it worthwhile, time involved, and education. Set long term and short term goals. Find a solid broker who can help you get off on the right foot. I would only add, why go into this venture half hearted, be prepared be focused. Best of luck to you!
Hills107, The past 3 years have been a roller coaster. Business has started to normalize in many markets, but it's an interesting time to enter the profession. Far more agents are exiting than entering. That doesn't mean someone can't be successful, but don't assume this is easy.