Market Conditions in Phoenix>Question Details

Jeff, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

I am researching the Phoenix housing market? Would anyone mind if I gave them a call to discuss current market conditions?

Asked by Jeff, San Francisco, CA Tue May 4, 2010

I am researching the Phoenix housing market? Would anyone mind if I gave them a call to discuss current market conditions? I have seen recent reports by Mike Orr so I am somewhat familiar with the numbers but I want to get a better sense about what is happening on the ground. For example, are any of the major bank's currently reaching out to realtors to prepare you of upcoming supply? Also, what is the vacant property situation like in Phoenix? Overall, I would like to chat with someone that could provide me with more color on the supply and demand characteristics of the market. Any volunteers?

Thank you very much

Jeff

Answers

7
I can help you out if you are interested in the community of Maricopa. It has been hit hard by short sales and foreclosures and values are at an all time low. Great opportunity!

My wife, Patti, and I have lived here for over 8 years and ONLY deal with real estate in Maricopa and the surrounding area. Give me a call or drop me an email if you want more info.

480.390.5043
waz@wizardsofwaz.com
this question was asked a while ago. Just want to let everybody know that I love to talk about our real estate market in the city of Maricopa and the Metro Phoenix area. I actually enjoy looking at numbers and I follow the news regarding the many factors that affect our market. I also help investors find properties that deliver return on investment.
Just give me a call.
Dagmar
(520) 316-6101
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 31, 2010
If you are looking at the Maricopa (city not county) market, give me a call. The market down here is very unique and I ONLY do real estate here so I would not be able to be as accurate as others about the rest of the Greater Phoenix area.

Bill "Waz" Wasowicz 480.390.5043
waz@wizardsofwaz.com
http://www.wizardsofwaz.com
8-10 more years of Foreclosure inventory according to Fannie and Freddie from the Five Star meetings in Dallas a month ago. Declining prices as well with all of the foreclosures. 15-50%
Web Reference: http://www.SearchAZmls.com
Hi Jeff,

Did you ever get your consultation? If you would like to get a lender's perspective, please feel free to call me anytime! I work with hundreds of agents and get more feedback from them than anyone.

Matthew Remus
480.233.5002
Happy to help in any way I can here are some of the most up to date statistics that have been updated as of May 4.
Updated statistics as of May 1, 2010 Preliminary April Statistics show a drastic drop in inventory to 32,887 active listings, 14,542 pending sales, 8,042 Active with Contingencies, and 9297 Closed for the Month of April Updated 5/4 (could change in the first few days of May) source MLS. Foreclosure and short sale numbers: Active lender owned listings 4,580, Pending lender owned listings 4,779, Lender owned closed in April 3,401. Short Sale active inventory 8,814, Short sale Pending inventory 4,187, short sales closed in April 1,983. Call me for information on your specific home or neighborhood. Thank you
Call me with more questions in specific areas etc. 602-980-5368 Look forward to talking to you soon, kgagon@earthlink.net
I have some information on my website about the current market conditions at Desert Mountain in North Scottsdale. Feel free to visit my Recent Sales page at:
http://www.desertmountainhomesonline.com/DesertMountainRecen…

You can also read about recent market conditions in 85262 by visiting:
http://www.desertmountainhomesonline.com/Blog/desert-mountai…

Feel free to call me at (800) 300-0263 if you have any questions about the North Scottsdale area.