Market Conditions in Denver>Question Details

Jeff, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

I am researching the Denver housing market? Would anyone mind if I gave them a call to discuss current market conditions?

Asked by Jeff, San Francisco, CA Wed Sep 1, 2010

I am trying to get a better sense about what is happening on the ground such as if any major banks are currently reaching out to realtors to prepare for upcoming supply of distressed properties and how activity looks at different price points in the market? Overall, I would like to speak with someone
that could provide me with more color on the supply and demand characteristics of the market, particularly after the recent expiration of the tax credit. Any volunteers?

Answers

21
I can speak to you about this.
You can call me at 303-710-2609
Brian Burke
Broker
Dear Jeff:
Minnesota is a great great market, with many potentials, stable economy, and not too much investors's hand as
there are in California. If you want to invest,
You may contact me to discuss the potential of making money or interests in flips, buy/hold....
Ramona, Broker Associate, ReMax Results, MN, mahb0002@gmail.com, 1-952-239-1697

A moment ago - Delete this answer
Am a Denver native, and have been a builder and real estate brokser for almost 40 years. I know all of Denver's neighborhoods and its' trends. Quicl answer, anything @ or under $300,000 in a reasonalbe neighborhood is gone. Lot of crap available in neighborhoods with no appreciation potential, and you have to supply your own handgun. 303-758-4272
Web Reference: http://holbenhomes.com
Hi Jeff -- honestly, banks are just as uncooperative than ever, UNLESS they actually own the property. Many people think bank owned/distressed are the best deals. In most cases, they are not. The biggest problem is location. Though you may be able to get a "great" deal on paper, real estate is still about location, location, location.

Supply and demand, again, is different in different communities within the Denver area. The city of Denver always hold value better than the suburbs ... if you're looking for a GREAT investment and can afford higher-end prices, areas like Castle Pines Village, for example, are incredible values. Many (most) of Denver's "luxury home communities" have taken a major beating, and the end is not in site.

If I can provide you with more specific information, don't hesitate to contact me at 303-906-3150, juliemontgomery@remax.net. Good luck!
Game on Jeff. Email me anytime. Jay@FeasterRealty.com

As a general statement, you'll find that the Denver area is one of the strongest in the US right now. Certain neighborhoods are certainly better than others. But shoot me an email and maybe I can help paint a better picture for you.
And the donkey says, "Pick me, pick me!" For some reason your question and the slew of replies just reminds me of the Shrek film. Have enjoyed reading all the replies thus far. - best Bob Gordon
Jeff

Give me a call if you like, I work with investors and we've been researching the "shadow inventory" and whats been going on since the tax credit.

Daniel Herron
720-323-9178
Web Reference: http://www.herronshomes.com
Hi Jeff,

I work with a company that has fantastic market intel resources and I'd be happy to share these with you!!

Feel free to contact me at (720) 988-5952!

Brooke Hengst
Your Castle Real Estate
Web Reference: http://www.brookehengst.com
Give us a call, Brian 303-710-2609
Hi, Jeff. It all depends... There are some submarkets that are experiencing increases in sales & prices, while some are more challenged. If you are looking for investment property, that will definitely color your needs. For the near-East side, refer to my blog, http://www.NicciHyatt.com, where I post the monthly stats on sales. There is also a good article on the front page of the blog about the post-credit impact. But it is MACRO, in my neighborhoods where I dominantly work, it would not apply. My firm, Your Castle Real Estate, is known to be market-data driven. We have a monthly calendar that goes out (not email-able), you can call me & give me your address & I can send some recent months' worth. We also have a daily spreadsheet that analyzes the best and worst values by price point, neighborhood, school district, however. If you're a spreadsheet person, it is invaluable! I am at 303-335-5336. All best, Nicci Hyatt
Jeff,
Call anytime. I focus on older downtown and surrounding neighborhoods.
Pete
Hi Jeff,

My office and myself spend alot of time analyzing the market and buying programs like what you have mentioned. Call me and I would be glad to talk with you about it. If you are in town, I would love to buy you coffee and discuss.

Ethan Besser
Keller Williams DTC
303-856-8980
Sure Jeff! Give a call any time. Love to talk real estate.
Deb Goetz
720-628-9502.
Have a great day!
If you are interested in knowing more about Highlands Ranch, Littleton or Centennial give me a call...303-470-9880. I live, buy and sell here. My specialty...
I'd be happy to talk to you and answer any questions you have about the Denver market. As a Denver native and foreclosue investor I can give you insights guiding me and my clients.

Peter Witulski
Keller Williams Preferred
720-335-0553
I would be happy to talk with you. You can also check out my blog which has some information on Http://realestateindenver.net

Julie Reddington
720 226 4168
Hi Jeff,

Banks are not reaching out to Realtors to prepare for the upcoming supply of distressed properties. Banks have a select group of listing agents they use but they are not adding loan programs to help sell these properties. I have several great lenders that would be happy to show you what your options are. There is way more supply than demand right now and it will stay that way for some years to come. The end of the tax credit crushed the market. Feel free to contact me for more info. Matt http://www.mansfielddenver.com 303-779-7973
Jeff -

I would be more than happy to speak with you. I am a co-owner of RE/MAX of Cherry Creek. We are the leading real estate company in volume for metro Denver. We have seen a slight uptick in REO listings in the past 30 days, and my inside information points to a steeper increase in the coming months.

Foreclosure sale traffic has not increased significantly, indicating that the additional REO listings are coming out of the shadow inventory vs. new foreclosures.

Please feel free to contact me.

Chip Parrish
Broker / Co-Owner
RE/MAX of Cherry Creek
303.331.4534
chip@ul5280.com
Web Reference: http://urbanlife5280.com
Feel free to call or e-mail me. Denver native. Builder/broker since 1977/1973. Learn all about me at my web site http://holbenhomes.com. 303-758-4272. sbhindenver@aol.com.
Web Reference: http://holbenhomes.com
Any time Jeff.

Tim Klein
Broker
Metro Brokers - The Realty Werks
303.973.7600
I think if you explained why and if you are working for someone you might get a better response.