Market Conditions in 30339>Question Details

CS, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I am planning to buy a one bed room condo in vinings, Georgia. Is this a good investment or should I say Am?

Asked by CS, Atlanta, GA Mon Jul 7, 2008

I making the right decision? I am single.

Answers

6
The only way I would encourage the purchase of a one bedroom condo is when there is additional space that can be used as a home office, making it a stronger resale than a one bedroom condo.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Don wrote - "Vinings is an exceptional place to live for singles and the name "Vinings" carries like gold! "

Just be sure it's actually The Vinings and not Smyrna pretending to be The Vinings.
Anytime you purchase Real Estate regardless of the size and location, you must always factor in the probability of RESALE. Once you have lived in the place or purchased the place who will be the buyer that you and your agent market to, once you are ready to sell it? You want to purchase somethings that will give you a broad pool of potential buyers when the time comes to resale. One bedrooms are fine but your pool of potential buyers will be small, which in turn could possibly give you a greater number of days on the market. A two bedroom and even three bedroom will most certianly open that pool of buyers up greatly.
I agree with the first answer, I don't think a one bedroom unit is a good idea.
But, regardless of the number of bedrooms, your investment will only be as "good" as what you pay for the unit. Even if you buy a 1-bedroom, if you buy it for a great price, you're making a good investment.

Vinings is a great place to live but you're probably not going to see the real deals in Vinings that you can find in other parts of the city. Vinings is one part of Atlanta that's holding value.

Check out this story from the AJC: http://www.ajc.com/homefinder/content/homefinder/stories/200…
check out Vinings Main at http://www.viningsmain.com/
Vinings is an exceptional place to live for singles and the name "Vinings" carries like gold!
You should be sure to get the assistance of a Rea Estate Agent to give you the guidance you will need to help you make the most intelligent decision when purchasing a condo.
If I can be of any assistance in that I live in the Smyrna Vinings area and specialize in Townhomes and condos I would be glad to help.
Connie, Vinings is a great place to live. If you can afford a 2 bedroom condo, it will be a much better investment. Many two bedroom units will be comparable in price to a single bedroom unit. When you resale there are many buyers that will not look at a single bedroom unit. Even single you will want the spare room for guest or office.

Best of luck in your home search.