Lori, Both Buyer and Seller in Jacksonville, FL

I am moving to the Alpharetta, GA area soon. I am familiar with the area having lived there 7 years ago.

Asked by Lori, Jacksonville, FL Thu Oct 9, 2008

My criteria for a neigborhood: the best of the N. Fulton schools, kid friendly, will hold value, looks appealing. I am having a tough time deciding which areas to focus on. What are your favorite neighboorhoods for about $400,000. East or west of 400??

Answers

5
Lori,

I've been working with another client in this area who is looking for a foreclosure deal.

I can tell you that there are several foreclosure homes in your price range that are in good condition. These homes may be a good opportunity to not only find your perfect home, but to also get a great deal!

As Lee mentioned many things have changed in the last seven years. I would be happy to assist you with finding the right home for you and your family.

Just get in touch if you need some assistance.
Lori,

Welcome back!

I have lived in the north Atlanta area all of my 53 years, and have lived in the Windward Parkway / John's Creek area for the last 7-1/2 years ... so I know the area well.

There are certainly many neighborhoods in the north Fulton area that should meet you wants and needs, but -- depending on where you need to live in order to be close enough to work, etc. -- I would suggest looking on the south Forsyth County side of the Alpharetta area.

Many would say that Forsyth Co. schools are better ... traffic is not as heavy ... PROPERTY TAXES are much LOWER ... and it is generally a great area to live in and raise a family!

The most important goal is that you are happy with your new home and neighborhood, and I would love to be able to help you achieve those dreams. We pride ourselves in doing whatever it takes to find just the right home for you and your family.

Please let me how if I can be of help to you in your search for a new home.

Steve Weathers
Associate Broker
Realty Professionals, Inc.
Direct Line: 770-777-7778
Steve@WeathersProperties.com
Lori,

Welcome home!

I'd probably like to know a little more about your family before I could comfortably, or accurately answer your question. For instance, your and your husband's interests, your children' ages and their interests. the style of home you prefer and the type and size of home you live in now?

Once we've gotten to know each other a little bit, then I can provide information and other services that are valuable and won't waste your time.

Please contact me. and I will do whatever I can to assist you with your relocation.

Best of luck with your move!

Bob Engert
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
770-592-3218
Web Reference: http://www.BobEngert.com
Hi Lori,

Having moved last year from South Florida to North Atlanta, I can tell you it will be great to be back in the area! We settled in Roswell, and love it! Lee mentioned Wexford, I also like Hadfield and Brookfield for larger lots. East of 400, Martins Landing is a great family neighborhood also. There are so many good choices, it would help to have more criteria!

Jolie Abreu
Keller Williams Realty Consultants
(678) 894-4409 Direct
(404) 704-0284 Fax
jolie@helpinghomes.net
Web Reference: http://www.helpinghomes.net
Lori -
There have been some major changes to this area since you left! The new "cities" of Milton (west of 400) and John's Creek (east of 400) have been established. Many of the school's have also been redistricted and they are building some new ones for the next few years.

There are LOTS of choices on both sides - depending on what features are important to you - sidewalks, lot size, etc. The immediate subdivisions that come to mind are:

East of 400: Queensbury, Hartridge, Tuxford, River Glen among MANY others
West of 400: Southfield, Saint Michelle, Wexford, Providence Oaks, etc.

I think if you could give us a little more information on what you are looking for in a neighborhood, we would be able to give you more accurate information.

Lee
leeadkins@remax.net
404 966 3247
Web Reference: http://www.leeadkins.net