Market Conditions in 14215>Question Details

Irene, Real Estate Pro in

I am looking to purchase rental in Buffalo 14215 zip code. sq footage is 2186. It was a duplex converted to a

Asked by Irene, Thu Jan 24, 2008

single. What could I get in rent. Would this be a good investment. Do I need flood insurance.? Thanks

Answers

6
You cannot determine what the rent will be by zip code, nor can you say without an address if it will require flood insurance. You will need to contact the nearest town hall to determine that.
I'm sorry this really doesn't help, but without more info on the location etc: this really won't help you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 23, 2008
I don't think you are going to get an exact dollar amount answer with just a zip code. In the 14215 zip code rents can range from $700/month to practically unrentable. The neighborhood really varies from block to block.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2008
It's hard to say with the information provided. Are you from the Buffalo area? If not, be very careful of the investors who have come in for the purpose of flipping properties, Although it seems like a great deal, your home may have been significantly less a couple of years ago. Buffalo is a great city but it's poor. Don't expect to get anything close to NYC rental prices. Anything between $0-700 (regardless of the number of bedrooms) is pretty accurate for the entire city. Also, think about who you would like to rent to and if that neighborhood would appeal to them.
There are so many factors that go into investment property. Are you going to hold are is it your intention to flip the property and in what time frame?
I have properties for sale which are rentals in South campus. I currently receive $220 per room in a 6 bedroom house $1320 per month. it is a good investment if your interested contact me via email at elana456@yahoo.com
We provide many services that you might find helpful.

wnypropertycare@hotmail.com