Shannon Kear, Other/Just Looking in Indiana

I am looking for some property which could accomidate a home based business near Grapevine

Asked by Shannon Kear, Indiana Thu Mar 6, 2008

My husband and I own a pool company in Indiana and are moving to Texas. We'd like to run our biz out of the home, but still have it accessible to the public for retail purposes. Does property like this exsist near the Grapevine/Colleyville Texas area? We also retail hardscaping products & water Garden Products, so the yard would need to be beig enough and meet all codes to sell bulk rocks, mulch, etc.

Answers

10
Grapevine and Colleyville are not going to be your most conducive locations for your proposal. Both have been becoming decidedly more upscale in the 9 years I have lived in the DFW area.

You're going to need a fair amount of land for what you are proposing with the correct kind of zoning. There are communities that are more tolerant of mixed uses. It might be best to consider a retail site for products. If you business includes construction and installation, consider running that operation out of a home office with your consultations done on site.

Noise, traffic, parking, and the general aesthetic your on-site retail inventory brings to your neighborhood will be the big issues.

An off-site location for your retail business would actually be quite an improvement in some locations and if you add some nice displays visible from the street, you could end up attracting more business. We need some good water gardening businesses here especially that feature water plants and critters.

You will want to research the Texas laws though. I know that some water plants are prohibited for sale here because they have invaded some waterways and crowded out native plants.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 8, 2008
You may have to move further out to the country where you could get by with this. Neighbors with the traffic coming and going COULD contact the city regarding viiolation of deed restrictions. It depends on the size of the lot Grapevine and Southlake in some of the areas can sit on more than an acre we can investigate via google earth and see more of a how the lot are positioned. I do have several ideas, a friend of mine has successful operations but in further out. Contact our office happy too assist
972-699-9111
911@lynn911.com
http://www.lynn911.com
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 7, 2008
These kinds of properties would be very limited in Grapevine and Colleyville. The cities are normally very strict with businesses being run out of private residences. Some types of businesses are easier to run from home than others, but if you want to have people going and coming from the residence and selling products, this will likely be very difficult. I do have one idea for you in a near by city. What is your budget?
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 6, 2008
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
What kind of business? I may have a property in north Bedford that may work. Contact me at 1-800-433-4003 and ask for Dolly.
How much "building space" vs "outside space" do you need?
I have a client/friend with a lot in Grapevine on the border of Southlake .88acres

Call me if interested
Thea Koury
REALTOR®
Texas Sold Team Realty, LLC
817-881-3754
Did you find a place yet? I have lived in Euless for more than 20 years and would love to help.

(817) 909-2357
carter8462@sbcglobal.net
I am not entirely stuck on Grapevine or Colleyville. I truly realize that I will have to settle for an out of towns limit location. I still have not found anything yet. It is hard to search from Indiana. We are thinking of coming to Texas in a couple months and doing some searching while there. I would be interested in some properties to look at if anyone has anything to show. My budget is small, because we are adding on this location in addition to maintaining our Indiana location. I dont want to spend much more than $1500 a month on a lease if that is even possible. The outside sales lot is very important to us. Our store we have now is at a old gas station.
You may want to get some country property west of Grapevine if you want to have it all on your home property. Another alternative would be to buy a home in Grapevine and a lot in an industrial area.
Thank you for your responses. I am not against the country if it is not extreme rural and still gets some traffic. I actually love the country. I like the Grapevine Colleyville area, and want to stay close to it. I noticed Bedord & Euless. Would there be any possiblilities there? If we must, we can find a seperate location for living and doing business. I just thought we could put all our money in to one location. Even so, I do not want to go over $3000 a month for all these needs.