Market Conditions in 55129>Question Details

Blue, Home Buyer in 55435

I am looking for a 3bed / 2 bath townhouse in Woodbury,MN possibly new or built in the last 10 years. What would be the price range?

Asked by Blue, 55435 Fri Apr 27, 2012

What would be a fair offer price for this property?

http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-home/14-twin-cities/4586…

Answers

6
The ranges can be all over the board depending on what you are in the town home. $135,000-$400,000 an on up. http://www.mnhomescontractfordeed.com/washington-county
Hi Blue,

Your Realtor will show you comps for the area so you can understand fair and true market value. We also offer our clients a PTA (Price Trend Analysis) that helps determine where the micro market for this home has been and direction it is headed. You need to have a buy-side Realtor working only for you. The good news for you is the seller pays the Realtor fees.

My clients who have purchased Ryland town homes (like the link you included) have been happy with the quality. Ryland often has incentive programs available for buyers. Your Realtor will help compare these.

Town homes in Woodbury vary in price from $130 to $350+. Remember to factor in HOA fees when you are looking at your monthly budget. You (and your Realtor) need to look closely at all HOA docs to make sure this is an association that is well run, well funded, and will enhance the value of your investment.
I have attached a link to a townhomes located in Woodbury that meet your specific needs. Please let me know if you would like to see any of them or if you would like me to revise/expand my search criteria for you.

Click the following URL to see the listings:
http://matrix.northstarmls.com/DE.asp?k=853919XH88J&p=DE…

I have qualifications that you can trust with over 15 years of experience. I am also a state certified real estate appraiser. I feel that my experience and my prior military work ethic will be a valuable asset to you in your new home search.

Feel free to contact me anytime, as I am always available to assist you in your new home search.

Thank you!!

Robert Schuchman
Coldwell Banker Burnet
651-755-6710
Hi Blue,
Anywhere from about $125000 - $350,000
I can send you a list of Townhomes that are for sale if you would like.
I live and work in Woodbury-Roger/Broker @ 612-865-7825

Based on the comps in the area, I would offer $165,000
Perfect, that was the number i had in mind.
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
Hi, Blue!
You're talking about new construction which is kind of a different animal than existing. I've been searching using the parameters you set out. I'm coming up with a price around $130K. BUT, the ones I found are not as nice as the ones you are looking at.

If you don't think the ones you're looking at are a good value, don't buy it!!!

I'm guessing you don't have your own agent. If you do, this is a question for your agent. Just curious, why didn't you find your own agent before you started looking?

Good luck~
Oh, well can i share a cautionary tale for you? I'm in the middle of trying to help people now who did NOT have an agent when they went to a new construction model. They are basically stuck with no agent because they didn't involve their agent BEFORE they went to the model for the first time. Builders are VERY strict about this type of thing. I would encourage you to interview and secure your agent BEFORE you start visiting or going to open houses of any kind. It will be in your best interests. Even if it's not me, I want you to be protected.
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
I am looking for an agent and havent decided on one yet..
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
In my experience, the type of townhome you would like, built after the year 2000, would be in the range ofr 1250-1500 and up. There is one currently available to rent at $1395 that I am aware of. I am sure others could be found, and you could probably find some very good properties built just a little earlier that have been maintained and refurbished in such a way that they would suit you well. Thanks for the inquiry and do call me if you need further help or ideas. Liz, 612-986-4105
I am looking to buy.
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012