Market Conditions in 28277>Question Details

Scottballet, Home Buyer in 01824

I am interested in investment properties in North Carolina. What areas have strong rental markets.?

Asked by Scottballet, 01824 Mon Oct 11, 2010

Answers

18
I would strongly suggest South Charlotte. Almost all of my clients are starting to head that direction. Great schools and depending on the county/city lower tax rates. My good friend owns a property management company and he is very very active in South Charlotte. Of course it is neighborhood specific.
Kindest Regards,

Jeff Monfils
Broker - North Carolina Operations
Bastille Real Estate
704-975-7616
http://www.BastilleRealEstate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 16, 2010
Raleigh and Charlotte are great! Each have their own attractions. With the market being depressed, many are renting first, but still relocating to these areas. Great for investors

If you'd like us to help, know that we are Buyer Agents! We do nothing but broker transactions with Buyers! No Dual Agency here!

(704) 380-0178

A licensed REALTOR is waiting to hear from you. Call now.
It seems that a trend these days is anywhere that has good walking access to shops, dining and more. Please contact me if you need help locating specific areas and we can pull up some properties matching your criteria.
There are some really great buys in downtown Charlotte presently. I recently have shown 7 houses all under $50K. They are older (40+) and need work before they can be rented but they will increase in value as the economy turns around and neighborhoods become renovated.
Depends on what type of property you are looking for in your portfolio. Multifamily, hotels, single family, The Carolinas offer a good mix of choices for your portfolio. Gete with an agent and a lender that match what your niche is!
Web Reference: http://trentwarner.com
Hi Scott,

Instead of Charlotte, perhaps you should look at what Durham has to offer. Durham was just recently named #1 Best Place to Retire as well as #1 Most Likely to Appreciate. The Wall Street Journal has also named Durham tops for real estate investors. Charlotte was not on any of those lists. Durham has Duke University as well as NC Central, two major medical centers (Duke University Medical Center and the Veterans Administration Hospital) as well as all the corporate entities in Research Triangle Park. We have wonderful cultural activities and an absolutely beautiful new performing arts center, some of the best restaurants in the world (we even made the top 10 for Best Foodiest Cities!) and a terrific climate. I could go on for quite a while about how wonderful Durham and the Triangle area is and would welcome a one on one discussion with you. Please call me if you're interested in hearing more.

Susan Crawford, ABR, Broker, e-PRO
Triangle Home Crew Realty, LLC
919-491-4663
Scott,
It appears that most agents have answered your question. So my question to you is, how long to you want to be a landlord? That answer will also help determine which direction you should explore. And it is critical right now that you have your financing in order unless you are paying cash. There are alot of things to consider when looking for investment rental income. I actually have several properties that could be possibilities listed for sale now. Feel free to contact me directly at 704-502-7744 or email me
Holly@TeamHolly-would.com
http://www.BankOwnedHomesCharlotte.com
Yes Scott we have two areas in Charlotte that are the best for rental. The areas are area 1 in Huntersville and area 5 in south Charlotte. Please give me a call 704-763-4486 or email for more information. Scott do you have a lender in place because some are requiring 10 to 25 % down payment for investment property. The lender my pass clients have used is only 10% down and a nice rate. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon !

Judy Osborne
Actually, several markets in NC are strong, and you should check out some of the local REI clubs to get a better sense for which areas are the best ones for rentals. Additionally, you could contact several of the property management companies in those areas to find out where they're managing the bulk of their inventory, and that should give you another, strong clue about which areas are best for rentals.
Hi Scott,

The rental market is definitely growing in the Charlotte area right now. My firm, Century 21 Bowden Realty, is a full service real estate company that works with buyers, sellers and renters. We have a property management division, Bowden Realty, that can manage your rental property for you and find a renter quickly! Check out our property management website: http://werentincharlotte.com/

If you give me the criteria you are looking for in investment property - price range, townhome/condo, single family housing - I could identify the strong leasing areas with a leasing market analysis. I could determine the average lease price, variance of leased price from listed lease and average days on market. For example, area 6 which is SSW of Mecklenburg County, the market activity for all rentals for the past 6 months showed that the average days on the market for rental properties was 41 days.

I am experienced to assist you in finding desirable investment properties, placing qualified tenants, and excellent property management service.

Allison Duke, SFR, CNE
Broker/REALTOR(R) NC/SC
Century 21/Bowden Realty

8173 Ardrey Kell Road
Charlotte, NC 28277
Cell 704-578-2323
http://www.allisondukerealty.com/

http://www.allisondukerealty.com
Hi Scott. The rental market is quite strong in Charlotte these days. It seems as if there is a combination of people who cannot afford to buy and many that are afraid to buy: As a sign of the times I am getting calls from renters more and more consistently. Different types of renters are found in different areas. For example something near public transportation can be a plus. Something near public transportation with easy access to uptown is a plus. Areas surrounding hospitals attract hospital employees. Areas around colleges and universities will attract students. More suburban areas attract families that cannot afford to buy, may not qualify for a loan, or are afraid to buy in the current market. Let me know if I can help further.
Scott,

I deal with a few investors. The primary goal with them is finding a home in a desirable neighborhood at an affordable price. Are you looking for long term rental? Or are you looking for something you cna rent and make money with now and in a few years turn around and sell it for a profit when the market turns around? Also, are you looking for something that is move in ready or in need of some repairs?

the wya the market in Charlotte is right now htere really si not a bad area to be buyign homes for rental income. The most popular places for inexpensive homes with a high return on investment though are the north end fo charlotte and the Unviersity area. Home suop there tend to eb a little less expensive. You will get college students primarily moving in.

If you go on the east side you get a mix. It is a well diversified area that is a strong rental area right now. In the south end you tend to get a little more high end home (and pay for it) that will also bring about a different type of renter.
so, as you can see there are many choices out there for you. it all really depends on the price point and the area you want to have investment property.
Web Reference: http://www.davedicecco.com
I work with several investors and we have had great success and easy rentals in Union County as well as South Charlotte and the surrounding area. Based on the price range you are looking for, you can find some really nice homes for great prices in the current market. I also have a team that I work with that can fix up a home quickly and get it ready to rent. Let me know if you would like for me to send you a list of potential homes for you to review.
Tammy Manning/Broker
House to Home Realty, LLC
704-641-1669
Pretty much anywhere today is good for rental, since so many people are no longer homeowners, but the most popular areaa vary, depending on the rental amount and who you want to attract as a tenant. Are you looking for a fast move in for your tenant, or a fix and hold rental? Are you looking for single family or multi? If you are not from this area, I would be happy to give you information. I also wholesale houses, and make great deals all the time, so if you're interested, visit my web site or just give me a call. I am happy to help.
http://www.magicksellshomes.com
Hi Scott. Charlotte has a few high rental areas. I deal mostly with ones near UNCC (UNC at Charlotte) and some townhouse / condo neighborhoods. I'm actually getting ready to list a rental townhouse with a tenant under contract through August of 2011. Get in touch with me if you'd like to discuss this further.
Lisa Nye
SoldbyLisaN@gmail.com
WWW. Investinginthecarolinas.com
7047871556
Scott,

Charlotte and the areas around Charlotte have a strong rental market right now. I get calls daily from renters searching for a home in the area. I was in investing for 15 years before I went into sales so I know what you are looking for and I can help you find the best investments if you would like to contact me.

Craig White
My Home Leasing
Cwhite@mytownhome.com
704.906.7899
North & East sidte. You can get HUD & Bank Owned property for a steal. I can send you a free list of these homes. Go to http://www.buymyhud.com
I primarily work with investors. The main question any of us would have for you up front is will you be paying cash and what price range are you looking at?

Thanks!
Allyson Ward, Broker NC/SC/GA
704 622 9506