Caateam, Other/Just Looking in Sierra Vista, AZ

I am interested in building a home in Sierra Vista. Any comments on building requirements, lot availbility or possible problems to expect.?

Asked by Caateam, Sierra Vista, AZ Tue Dec 14, 2010

Answers

7
To answer your questions; building requirements often depend on the area in which you build, this is dictated by CC&R's, HOA's and zoning laws within the city and county. Lot availbility right now is the best I've seen in years. I have 20+ building sites within the city limits of Sierra Vista in subdivions like the Reserve at Canyon De Flores, La Terraza, and Casas Grande at the Ranch. These are all custom building sites, ranging from 1/2 to1acre and priced from $79,000- $112,000. The possible difficulty you may face is construction financing as most lenders are requiring 20-30% of the purchase price down. On the bright side, some builders likely have construction money already in place. For the past 3 years I've been representing Heath Contracting, LLC. If you would like to see some of our work we have 5 homes under construction. We know as a buyer there are many important issues to adderss when looking for a builder. We pride ourselves on being the best in all we do. If you have more questions please call.
Thank you Ryan Haymore (520) 266-4234,
ryan_haymore@hotmail.com
The Team of Ryan & Ron Haymore
One of my buyers would like to have a chat with you. They have informed me that their over half million dollar home could not be duplicated for less than 700K, which is one of the main reasons they bought it. They prefer custom homes and have it narrowed down to 2 builders. They might even recommend that you look around for a gently lived in home like they bought.

My wife and I too decided that we could get more value out of a resale home. If we want that new home smell, then we can paint or burn a candle with that smell. We would also choose a custom builder.

Depends on what you want vs. your needs. Your builder concerns may be best answered by someone not owned by any buider with your needs at the top of their list. It's your money and your home.

Brian Schulte
Allison James Estates & Homes

http://www.briansrealty.com/
Based on the question, it appears that you are addressing custom home construction. The answer is truly dependant on your specific wants and needs.

There are several locations within the city boundaries and in very close by in Cochise County where building lots are available. Some are listed in our MLS, but there are a number that are not advertised. We can help you identify a location specific to your requirements.

The building requirement will vary slightly between the City of Sierra Vista and Cochise County, and may also be affected by the location of the property (City/County, CC&Rs, HOA, etc.). We represent two of the area’s premier custom home builders that have the experience and knowledge to manage the building processes and issues.

We would like to assist you further by helping you identify a building location and a cost competitive, competent, builder. Please contact us at 520-266-1456, davemccaleb@cox.net, or visit our website at http://www.mccalebteam.com.

Dave & Paula McCaleb
Web Reference: http://www.mccalebteam.com
If you are looking for an affordable yet outstanding builder, that builder would be Walston Homes. Fining lots around town isn't easy, but it isn't impossible. I don't know what price range you are trying to stay within. If you let me know that information, I could be of more assistance.

If you want to see an example of his work, stop by the models at Coronado Place which is located on the corner of Avenida Cochise and Coronado. The models are open 11:00 to 5:00 Wed thru Monday.

Please give either myself, Bev Mahlmann at 520-236-4396 or my husband, Al Mahlmann at 520-249-9450 and we can share more information about this builder.

Bev Mahlmann
Long Realty Company
520-236-4396
It all depends on the location you choose and the type and size of home you would like to build. I'm an agent for Miramonte Homes here in Sierra Vista, and I help people build homes in our 2 communities, and off site custom homes. If you are thinking about building a custom home, there are plenty of lots on the edge of town, 5 minuites from Ft. Huachuca, where you can build a custom and have some land. One community is gated and 2 are not. All have HOA's. The parcel sizes vary anywhere from 1/2 to 1 acre with underground utilities. There are loans available through US Bank that will give you a one stop loan. Hereford is also a possibility. It's about 10 - 20 minuites out of Sierra Vista. There are multi-zoned areas with 1/2 - 4 acre parcels. They don't have HOA's and are in the country. There are also 5 communities that have HOA's and are not multi-zoned areas. Has to be a site built home. Some of these communities have underground utilities, and some don't. You would have to either share a well, have a well, and add a septic tank. I would try for the areas with the underground utilities. Much easier. Septic and wells can be costly, and the work must be done by reputable vendors. Tests and inspections should be done prior to purchasing. All these communities have phenomenal views, some have HOA's. 1 of the HOA's is pretty tough. The others not so much. All these communities will have square footage restrictions. That means you have to build a home that's over a minimun square footage, say 2500 sq feet.is common. They may also have restrictions on how many buildings you can have on your property such as a casita or guest house. There are great prices on land right now. Watch out though, some of this land out in these areas has different topography to contend with i.e. arroyos and washes that you cannot build in, so you have to watch your "building envelope" (buildable area) and make sure you have enough room to place your home before you buy anything. Some builders offer "spec homes" for sale. That's a custom they've started that you might be able to come in and colorize. Those are nice because they've done all the land preparation (such as building up the pad) and have taken care of inspections. In my years in real estate, I've learned some builders are definately better than others. Good luck, hope this helps!
I have worked for the 2 large home builders here in Sierra Vista for the past 7 1/2 years. With regards to building requirements, the builders here generally have their own sites to build their own homes on. These builders also have some lots south of Sierra Vista where a custom home can be built, they are approximately a ten minute drive to SV. The minimum requirement for square footage is 2400 for one of the builders and I would have to check with the other builder. These lots are 4 acre parcels with majestic views of the mountains and the valley. There is a HOA in this area, I know as I live in this same area, which is gated. But if you are wanting to live in town lot availability and size varies. As always you have to submit plans to the city. I have a brother who draws 3D auto cad drawings and has never has a set of plan rejected. He know all the city codes, if you'd like please give me (Diane) a call on my cell (520) 266-1414, I could then get you in touch with my brother who knows the requirements/code inside and out. As far as problems to expect mostly a concern would be to make sure that you are in an area where there is no flood insurance required. This is referred to a Zone X. With regards to building it just depends on who you select for your home builder and the relationship that you establish with them to feel that you are in good hands. I know many of the builders and the sub contractors here and would offer you my assistance any time that you are interested. Sierra Vista is a great community to live in and the weather is fabulous...today upper 70"s, which is not hard to take for December 14th. Come join our community you won't regret it! My husband just retired
from his elementary school after 23 years. His school won The National Blue Ribbon of Excellence he has now joined me in real estate as the Wilson & Wilson team, of Tierra Antigua Realty. I look forward to hearing from you. Hope this is of some help to you.
I would imagine the contractor and realtor would be the best to answer that question for you, I just supply the money. I recently helped a veteran with a loan in Sierra Vista, it went well and they are very happy.

Matt Puzz
Licensed Loan Originator
Amerifirst Financial, Inc.
602-410-9333
apply online: http://www.mattpuzz.com
Web Reference: http://www.mattpuzz.com