Market Conditions in 06880>Question Details

Margaret, Both Buyer and Seller in 06880

I am interested in a property w/a Westport address/zip and yet it is attached to Norwalk schools. Is there a way to petition for the Westport schools?

Asked by Margaret, 06880 Thu Jan 27, 2011

Answers

5
Susan Tracy & Jean Studwell’s answer
Hi Margaret,

I agree with the other agents.

Why not find about Norwalk Public Schools too at http://Norwalk.k12.ct.us?

Westport's schools are http://westport.k12.ct.us.

Good luck, Jean Studwell Higgins Group Christie's International Real Estate Westport 203-451-6226
If you are doing an internet search and the property is located in Westport but close to the Norwalk border, Norwalk schools often show up because they are geographically closer to the property than a Westport school. This is done automatically by the mapping program and should be ignored. Please check with your agent or call the local school board.
Best, Judy James, William Pitt Sothebys International Realty, Westport
Hello Margaret,
You could inquire with Westport's Board of Education but usually town Boards of Ed. are pretty strict about their school assignments. I know of a home in Greenwich that is assigned to Stamford schools and they cannot attend the public schools in Greenwich but that is a different town. Are any of the property's utilities furnished or serviced by Westport? That might help.
Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Hi Margaret
If the property in question has land in both Westport and Norwalk then it may be possible. It actually depends on where the bedrooms are located in the house and on the property site itself. If you are working with an agent then he/she can go to Westport town hall and find out for you. If you don't have an agent already, I'm happy to be of assistance so feel free to contact me. In any event, I wish you the best - stay safe and warm! Best Regards, Lynn Fraund, Broker with Westport Realty Group @ Sothebys in Westport 203-434-8585. lynn.fraund@sothebysrealty.com
Presumably, the street is a Westport street, yet the house itself is located in Norwalk. I don't think it will do any good to petition it, but you can try calling the Board of Ed. You can also ask them about the possibility of paying to attend the Westport schools, if you'd be willing to do that.