Elizabeth, Home Buyer in Asheville, NC

I am interested in Beaucatcher House and the prices are right. The deep concern is how much noise and lights the outside units will assuredly hold.

Asked by Elizabeth, Asheville, NC Wed Mar 7, 2012

Answers

5
Deborah H Francis’ answer
My colleagues below have given you some excellent suggestions. My observation from previewing the units is they appear to be pretty well insulated. Hence when you are inside the unit with the windows closed, you will not hear the noise. As for lights, that can be handled by using window coverings designed to block out light. Guess one question you may want to consider is how frequently would you use the balcony and whether the noise and lights would bother you. Another option would be to utilize the common area for barbeques.

These units are almost sold out and with the increased activity this Spring, the remaining units will probably sell. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any help or have further questions.

Debbie

Deborah H. Francis, GRI, ABR, ePRO, SFR, GREEN, Fine Homes Specialist, CRS Candidate
Prudential Lifestyle Realty
Broker/Realtor®

cell: 828-553-9019 email: deborah@dhfrancis.com

"Your Move is My Mission"

If you or someone you know requires a real estate professional, please call me.
Have you been to see the units? I think the best way to figure this out is to test the units that you are interested in! Try to find a time when you know the lights will be on and see how bad (or not bad) it is. You should be able to get a good feel of the noise factor also, especially if you view a unit around 5:30-6:30 in the evening as that would be a time when other owners are coming home from work. Just some thoughts, let me know if you would like to see a unit or need more information!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 7, 2012
Hi Elizabeth, I think you have a legitimate concern. One of the reasons these condos have such a great entry price point is for those very reasons. Also some of the units have wonky layouts. While I have shown these condos a great many times, ultimately people chose to live somewhere else.

Brent has a great suggestion, that you really need to 'see" and "hear" for yourself. It might not be an issue, if so, the price point is terrific, and welcome to Asheville!

Sally
Owner/Broker Cricket Realty
Hi Elizabeth,
I helped some buyers purchase a unit in Beaucatcher House last year! I have checked in with them several times and they are so happy there. No complaints about noise at all! I would be happy to help you check out the property for yourself if you would like.
Heidi DuBose
Beverly-Hanks and Associates
828-280-8430
The reality is that Beaucatcher House is located in a very congested area of town. However, that also gives you great access to shopping, restaurants, etc. which may out weigh the noise factor for you. it's obviously a personal choice but there are other places that might meet your needs better. Let me help you!

Carol Ball, Realtor
Web Reference: http://carolballrealty.com