Market Conditions in 46321>Question Details

Caryn Fleck, Home Seller in 46321

I am having trouble selling my house in Munster.

Asked by Caryn Fleck, 46321 Mon Aug 16, 2010

I was told the Market Value was one price, and I listed my home ten thousand under that to get a fast sale. Now my price is thirty thousand under the "market value" and still no offers. I know since it has only been on the market for three months, I should not be so worried, but what else can I do? My home is vacant, and now I am paying two mortgages. I really need to get my house sold fast. Should I drop the price more? Or will that make my house look bad?

Answers

6
Bill Vossos’ answer
Hi Caryn,

If you are still under contract with Tom Wold, you should direct any specific questions to him. Realtors should abide by a code of ethics and part of the code is basically to not get involved or give advice when you are under contract with another realtor. That being said, Market Value is just one consideration when selling your home. There are many things such as location, condition, etc. If you are no longer under contract with your current agent then I'd be happy to go into greater details as to what I can do to help you sell your beloved home.

Bill Vossos - Associate Broker
Century 21 Executive Realty
bill.vossos@sbcglobal.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 12, 2011
Your listing agent would have all those answers for you based on market value, # of homes sold in given time period aka D.O.M.

You can have the perfect home , perfect area, perfect everything staged, price and etc. can sit on the market for years... and have a ugly home with bidding wars.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 16, 2010
Is the house still listed with an agent?

Rob Mangus
Coldwell Banker
219/776-1324
Call me Karen I am a cash buyer looking to move in that area 708 283-8565 or email me at karenmylers@yahoo.com
Hi Caryn,

Bill Vossos of Century 21 Executive Realty is absolutely correct on the ethics and his general assessment of market value. Since I'm not a Realtor I could provide you with a weekly report that will give you what is really going on right now in your market of Munster Indiana. The real estate statistics and real estate trends that I can provide is data mined directly from the Greater Northwest Indiana Association of Realtors. Even local real estate agents are in awe and many actually use it in their listing presentation to their clients courtesy of my team.

If you are interested in a free report, please contact me at my office.
Web Reference: http://yourFHAhomeloan.com
Call me and we can discuss the particulars and I can provide you the current information on the Munster market as well as it's history.
Rob Mangus
Partners Real Estate
219-776-1324