James, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

I am concidering purchasing property in bakersfield one home at a time and renting out the property in order to get positive cash flow. Is there a?

Asked by James, Bakersfield, CA Sat Jul 24, 2010

decent rental market? How bad is the unemployment there?

Answers

2
James,
As another rea estate broker in the Bakersfield area, I am very familiar with Robert Savage who answered you previously. I enjoy working with him. His answer rings true. We have a good rental market here in Bakersfield and Robert works with many investors helping them secure rental properties and then his company manages the rentals. It looks to be a good system.

Best of luck to you,
Nancy Harper
Harper Realty
3100 19th St.
Bakersfield, CA
93301
(661) 333-3200
This is a great time to purchase rental property in Bakersfield. Positive cash flow is not a problem. Rents have declined somewhat over the last two years but housing prices have fallen so much that it is now easier than ever to get a great return. Unemployment is an issue for us. Our unemployment rate is above 15%. Our unemployment is usually higher than the state average since we have many agriculture and oil related jobs and those tend to be volatile job markets. We have had a number of tenants lose their jobs over the last year but in most cases they were able to continue paying their rent with the help of their unemployment benefits.

I am a broker, investor and property manager. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. I would love to help.

Robert Savage
Bakersfield Property Solutions
(661) 399-9099